Wedding Woes

Wedding Reception -- One Year Later

My husband and I originally scheduled to have a wedding ceremony/reception earlier this year.  However, it got postponed for personal reasons.  Since we were unable to recover a majority of our money, we decided to get married at the courthouse and throw a wedding reception on our one-year wedding anniversary.  Since my wedding party purchased their dresses/suits, would it be inappropriate for them to wear their attire at the reception/anniversary party?  I plan to wear the $700 wedding dress that I never got to wear at this party, as well.

Re: Wedding Reception -- One Year Later

• DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_wedding-reception-one-year-later?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:13a7b328-0ca0-4e8a-8b82-3d9904a92b67Post:7b53b4e3-a99e-44ba-b5fe-f72d7314ec2e">Wedding Reception -- One Year Later</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I originally scheduled to have a wedding ceremony/reception earlier this year.  However, it got postponed for personal reasons.  Since we were unable to recover a majority of our money, we decided to get married at the courthouse and throw a wedding reception on our one-year wedding anniversary.  Since my wedding party purchased their dresses/suits, would it be inappropriate for them to wear their attire at the reception/anniversary party?  I plan to wear the $700 wedding dress that I never got to wear at this party, as well.
    Posted by RWBnMJY[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It might strike me a little odd as a guest, but it's your party. As long as it's not inconvenient or an additional expense for anyone (new fittings, etc.) I say go for it.

</div>

• Are you sure they all still have the items?  I'd check to see if they returned the dresses/suits or sold them to recoup some of the cost.

If they've got them and are cool with wearing them, I don't see this as an issue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_wedding-reception-one-year-later?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:13a7b328-0ca0-4e8a-8b82-3d9904a92b67Post:4baa692c-76b0-46d0-af74-1152cb01fc38">Re: Wedding Reception -- One Year Later</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you sure they all still have the items?  I'd check to see if they returned the dresses/suits or sold them to recoup some of the cost. If they've got them and are cool with wearing them, I don't see this as an issue.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, they all still have their dresses.  We did ask that they hold on to them until we figured out a "new date" to have our wedding.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards