Wedding Woes
Options

Finished our taxes last night

It was an odd year with M2, a massive mid-year bonus, and job change.  We are getting a refund to the tune of 8 months old mortgage.  Normally I'd be upset about how much we are getting back, but considering the circumstances I'm going to take it and run.

Re: Finished our taxes last night

• Options
    holy crap! Nice! 

Buys you 8 nice months of not worrying if the house doesn't sell. (But good grief, it won't take that long!)

Congrats on getting to file. I'm still waiting on at least 2 forms, and H told me last night one of his W2s might be screwed up. 

I hate tracking this sht down.  I'm pretty sure we'll owe, though, so I'm not overeager to file or anything.

• Options

I haven't actually filed yet because we don't have the new W2, but it shouldn't change much since it's one check.  I used the last pay stub which is close enough for a ballpark, but I won't submit until I'm sure.

I can't wait to just be over there already!!!   I need to convince DH that my moving plan is a sound one.  Then we should be in by the first week of March and I can start annoying the board with other trivial things.

• Options

Wow!

I'm waiting on 1 thing and then I can start our taxes.  I love filing super early so I don't have to worry about it later.

• Options
    We might actually get money BACK this year, but only because we took out more to compensate for a chance of getting a 1099.  But no 1099, so...money?
  • Options
    I filed ours yesterday. We ended up getting back but only a fraction of what we thought we would when I planned it out last year. We jumped a tax bracket that I didn't account for but at least we don't owe! Either way it is already spent. Stupid bills.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." ~C.S. Lewis
  • Options

I think you gave me the push to do mine this weekend.

• Options
    H does ours. I have to get two things to him before he can start. I hope we don't have to pay this year.....Or if we do, it's not too much.
  • Options
    That's awesome! I think I need a couple of kids. I know we're going to owe again this year. Last year sucked (we had to pay) so I adjusted my witholdings to compesate for this year, but my H has 3 1099s from 2011, instead of just 1. Suckage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards