Wedding Woes
Options

Toddler Mommas

I would ask thebump, but I'd rather rip my toenails off.

What  post-infant carseat do you have?

What do you hate/love about it?

Any other thoughts?  
imageimage

Re: Toddler Mommas

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have the Britax Boulevard.  We liked the side impact protection because of my little Matrix.  It was pricey, but it's the only one we bought.  If we were buying for a couple of cars we probably would have gone Cosco Scenera.

We went to Buy Buy Baby and looked at, tested, and talked to the sales person about a bunch.  Used the 20% coupon to not make it hurt so much.

Did you get the huggies codes I fb'ed you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have an Aspen, it was a gift, and i've been happy with it. mr. kat has an eddie bauer car seat, and it's essentially the same thing. 

i wish car seats were easier to clean in regards to puke...but i have a feeling that would be a problem with any car seat.
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the Britax (I forget which modle) for each kid.  It has the side impact protection.  It went from birth up to pre-school and we love it.  Easily moved from car to car.  The kids are comfy.  Tank's has a cup holder.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have this one:  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012739

We've been using it for two months and I like it.  It's easy to hook and un-hook (even with one hand) and it seems comfortable for DD.  She'll be in this one until it's time for a booster.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll delurk.

We have a Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL in the Explorer. Great seat and seems very comfy for J, but super painful to get installed RF. Definitely a seat you want to try before you buy, or buy online from a site that offers free return shipping. It's just really tall for the extended use but simply won't fit RF in some cars. The big reason we kept working with it was because it is so skinny we can actually fit the infant seat next to it, so new baby will be in the middle seat instead of both kids being outboard.

We have a Graco My Ride 65 in the Rav4. Much easier to install RF and J loves it. The cupholders are great for storing the little toys he likes to gnaw on in the car. No complaints on it, plus it's pretty cheap (compared to the $$ we shelled out on the XTSL) and you can get it at BRU or Target.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    We also have a Graco MyRide 65 and have been really, really happy with it.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm. how timely. I spent all morning researching carseats.

We have a britax marathon for each car.  I like it OK, but the one in DH's car is malfunctioning, I think, after only 10 months.  I'll be dealing with the warranty on that. That's really the only thing that's making me second-guess getting the same thing for Des (who is within days of outgrowing his seat, I think).

I was looking online today and love love love the Recaro Proride. But it's $279, and we want one for each car so we don't have to install/uninstall all the time.  Other than that, I'm considering the Graco MyRide 65 or another Britax Marathon (one pattern is $199 at Amazon).

I also kindof like the Savety 1st Complete Air Convertible, but the $160 price tag is somewhat negated by the lower height/weight limits, so we'll have to buy another seat sooner. 

Both of my kids are crazy tall, though (99th %ile), so I'm most focused on high height/weight limits so I can keep them in the convertible seat as long as possible (RF until height/weight limit, then FF as long as possible in the 5-point harness).

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh, the one thing I love about the britax marathon is that they have a little velcro thing to hold the straps open when you get the kid in/out of the seat.  Such a simple thing, but dealing with those straps is a huge PITA.

Dex's is the "cowmooflage" pattern.  Not necessarily so fun/cute, but I like that it's light colored (so not too hot in the summer), and I actually get a lot of compliments on it. 

Britax is coming out with some seats with 70-pound limits in August. I really liked them, but I think we'll need one before then. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards