Wedding Woes
Options

I found my dream job

But it is in Chicago and probably wouldn't pay for relcation and might be a pay cut.  But man oh man, it would be cool. 

::sobs::

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I found my dream job

• Options
    So apply. Doesn't hurt to apply and see what comes of it.
  • Options
    Apply and see what happens. The worst that can happen is someone says no. Your or them. But it's one word - no - and there are a lot of good things that could happen. Keys on the roof, zsa! KEYS ON THE MOTHEREFFING ROOF!
  • Options
    "Probably" and "might" are not good enough.
  • Options
    Yes, come live closer to ME.  *gets the lotion*
  • Options
    Follow your dreams Zsa!
  • Options

You could buy this house

• Options
    I'd love to know what this dream job is, but The Knot sucks balls today. 
  • Options
    It does suck.  It just ate my post. 

I really should quit looking b/c we can't afford do move somewhere unless H has a job first.  I just can't risk my cushy moveable job to relocate somewhere unless it is a mega raise in salary.  And basically I'm not qualified for anything that that would bring a mega raise.  I've made the mistake of getting entrenched in a little bitty corner of my current company where all of my expertise applies to in-house software and procedures, so it doesn't mean crap to another employer.

H has to find a job first, then I move bringing my job with me. Once established I'm free to look for something new in the new place and I have a job and a paycheck coming in while I look. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Waiting on a new academic job blows, as the opportunity for a new one only comes around once a year. I couldn't wait any more. I had to get out of there. But I feel your BFE pain, zsa.

I do miss getting to see all of the hard bodies running around campus on my way to work. It really was a scenic commute.
  • Options

Psh. Bullshit.  Apply for this job. A move to Chicago isn't exactly a move to Manhattan. You have options. And wouldn't it be nice to start gaining some of that raise-worthy experience?

Again - APPLY FOR THIS JOB!!!

• Options
    Apply and see!
  • Options
    Zsa, you should talk to Blizz.  She's helped me with my resume and we hired her to do DH's.  She can take your experience and turn it into a functional resume (something I had never heard of) that will sell you more as skills-based rather than specific chronological career based.  It's worth a shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards