Wedding Woes
Options

My ILs

There are many things going on with them, all of them I judge. HARD. I have also realized that DH just grew up with this behavior, and as an adult realizes it's stupid but doesn't even care at this point with them. He won't say anythign to them because he realizes that after all this time, it's pointless. I have not reached this point, so I still get all twitchy.

1. Younger SIL is pregnant again. They are always talking about not having money, kids are expensive, etc. They can't afford a full week at daycare (and we use the same lady, it's $500/month) so they only go 2 days and her MIL watches nephew 2 days, and SIL does a 4 day work week. But they're having another baby. EDD is 12/31/2011. SIL is being induced a week before because she can't afford to have the baby in 2012. No seriously, she is being induced a week early to avoid paying 2 deductibles. Also, seen on Facebook...BIL bought a new off-road vehicle and a 46" TV. They are having a girl this time around, so SIL thinks she needs new, pink things. So she's registered at BRU. I told DH that if she has a shower I will not go and I will tell her why I'm not going (because she's a tacky gift grabbing snatch).

2. Older SIL is pregnant. Let us recall that older SIL was addicted to meth, got clean, and ended up marrying someone she met in AA. They moved to Alabama. They have no money either. During SIL's wedding, which was here, she made everyone drive her around because she wouldn't spend the money on a rental car. She is like 6 weeks pregnant and is already registered at WalMart. They registered for everyone (including crib, dresser, etc). Her EDD, same day as The Boy's Birthday. I told DH I'd mail her a cork or something. I do not want my child sharing a birthday with her kid. Petty, yes. Do I care? Hell no.

3. MIL. We are visiting her in a few weeks. She hasn't seen The Boy since he was about 3 months old so I get that this is really exciting for her. But she told DH she wanted to go to this train and doll museum while we were here. Whatev lady. If you think a 17 month old is going to enjoy that...let me know. The kid enjoys running, dogs, and figuring out how to climb things. Not touching dolls or trains isn't really something I think he'd enjoy.

Re: My ILs

• Options
    ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank god your H made it out of that family with his sanity.  My IL's are pretty loopy too.  I keep forgetting FBIL is in his twenties...he acts like a 14 year old...his parents buy his bus pass and his drugs (not medicine - I mean illegal drugs) because he is too lazy to get a job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

::record scratch:: at $500/month daycare!  Wow.  And I know ours is cheap, compared to what some of my friends pay ($225/week for one kid, $400/week for my two.)

And what's with all of the getting pregnant fuckery? Seriously.

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow @ $500/month daycare - ours is $240/week.

this is exactly why people should have to pass a test before being able to reproduce. common sense, intelligence and finances would be 3 categories.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    There was recently a rate increase...an additional $25/month. She is ridiculously cheap, but awesome. The rate increase was due to food, which I suspect is related to my child since he eats like he's trying to become housebound obese.
  • Options
    dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Color me jealous of $500 a month daycare. Unless LO goes twice a week or something.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PMeg - if they are interested in selling their babies, I'm in the market for one.

And Barbie - we may not have a load of cash, but I think we have the other two things....at least between the two of us ;)
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you want their babies. I don't know what meth does to a uterus and nephew is not cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::makes mental note::

I think meth ruins everything. Especially your brain. And your teeth.
  • Options
    ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ils-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1741685f-3045-4069-b980-dc6f9023e2eaPost:3df0a70b-2172-4a47-9ec7-86e98d8165c4">Re: My ILs</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow @ $500/month daycare - ours is $240/week. this is exactly why <strong>people should have to pass a test before being able to reproduce</strong>. common sense, intelligence and finances would be 3 categories.
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

YES!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Min - not, you need to have thousands of dollars in the bank and make $$$$, moreso, you need to be able to create a budget to show that you can afford to feed/clothe/etc. a baby. i'm sure you guys would pass :-)
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011

DH did call youngerSIL out on daycare. He said that it was crappy she took 2 slots up but only goes part-time, basically depriving our sitter of 2 full-time (and full-time paying) kids. SIL didn't really say anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards