Washington-Seattle
Options

Need to Vent: Long

So when FI and I signed the contract with our venue, we got a block of rooms. So many Kings, some double queens, and 1 suite. All discounted and we were told that the discount would extend after the block had been sold out and more rooms were booked.
So, today my cousin texts me saying he tried to book a suite, and they quoted him far higher than what they told me.
I contact our venue guy, he claims that the 1 suite in our block was for me and FI to take advantage of..... WHAT!
A friend of mine just booked a suite a few months ago getting the rate, what happened?
So my venue had an open house over the weekend, so FI, FFIL and I went to go check on reservations, try and get an early check in time, etc, and they didn't have FI and my room on the books. So I went to our contact and asked, where is our room? It's not booked??
He said he is supposed to book it. WELL FCKING BOOK IT!!!
THEN, oh this is good, then I find out that our room, that we were told would be comped, is now going to cost us 150. What the hell is going on!
So first of all, we have no room on the books, now we have to pay for it, it's discounted, sure, but he never said we had to. And now my friends and family who want suites aren't getting the rate that was promised? Except one of them, who I personally think they got it cause the room was meant for FI and I. Bullshiit! I am so mad at my contact, he obviously hasn't communicated clearly with me and now i'm sick to my stomach over it. All he said in his email to me today was 'sorry for the confusion.' What f'ing confusion! None of this is in our contract! If this gets any worse, I'm getting the manager. I'm furious! And I told him to book our room NOW, i'm not waiting anymore. If I had known he hadn't booked it yet I would have been on him MUCH sooner.
Ah, that felt better to vent. Ahuette, beware! I know you're there too. Check up on all of this! Don't want this happening to anyone else!
Thanks for listening...

Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone

Re: Need to Vent: Long

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What hotel was this at??
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry! That sounds like so much stress. If they are violating anything in the contract, then you should definitely speak with the manager. Good luck getting all this straightened out!
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Elleh, I PM'd you. Don't want to outrightly name the place, though many here already know my venue. Trying to be more discreet lately...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, that is BS.  Honestly, I would be on the manager's case by now, but that's just me.  If possible, it usually is better to nip things like this in the bud.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i'm really sorry. i know how you feel about this.. a couple of my vendors have done things like that....

i would definitely get the manager involved now.. otherwise it could get worse.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AHHH!!  Brandy, I would double check your contract for the number of rooms of each room type booked.  We reserved so many king and so many queens and 1 suite, for us...which was NOT comp'd.  (which btw, your rate of $150 is much better than mine and I'm a little upset by that...especially since you're in the summer/peak season and I'm not!)  He also told me that I would need to book the suite, which I have yet to do because I don't know how many nights to reserve it for.(not sure FI & I want to be sleep together the night before the wedding...)  I guess I'll make it and change it later.

I'm sorry this happened and that he hasn't been more helpful.  Not trying to justify his actions by any means, but he told me today that he will be going on medical leave next week, so maybe he's just not been on his game due to something medical. 

I would definitely call and speak with his manager or the General Manager.  They also have a VP if you feel the need to go that high. :)   I'm going there at the end of the month for our tasting and I plan on checking with the FD about my block at that point...instead of through him.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, in our contract it's 10 kings, 5 queens, and 1 suite. But he never told us it was for us. I assumed right away it was for guests. And since once all those rooms are booked, the rate extends to my guests anyways, but their rooms may be on different floors, I figured that meant the suite rate as well. It's all a confusing mess.I just emailed my guest list and let them know the change.
    Maybe he is off his game, interesting. And that is weird you guys have to book yourselves! Maybe they're trying different things out, I don't know, they're still pretty new...
    And I might ask why you guys have to pay more for your suite! He said we're comped the cost of a king room and we have to pay the diff. for the suite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards