Wedding Woes
Options

Anxiety Issues

Hello all,

I have been having an issue with anxiety for some years now and I am wondering if anyone else can relate or has any advice for me. It's not a day-to-day issue but when put into stressful situations like public speaking or an interview, i begin to shake visibily, my voice becomes unsteady and my chest and neck break out in this awful red splotchy-ness that resembles hives, although, it does not itch.

I know that on my wedding day I will be experiencing these symptoms and I am so worried about it, the splotchiness in particular, because my dress is strapless and everyone will notice. It is truly not a small reaction, I have been asked in an interview if I am having an allergic reaction, it's so embarassing. I have read some reviews about Seredyn which is a natural anti-anxity supplement but I am not sure of it's effectiveness. I don't have a regular family Dr. so just showing up and asking a random Dr. for anxiety medicine I feel will get me nowhere. I would truly appreciate any help/advice at all! Thanks so much!

Re: Anxiety Issues

• Options
    RaptorSLHRaptorSLH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have health insurance?  This sounds like a good reason to finally get that physical we all like to put off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto. Get thee to a GP and discuss your medical history. Perhaps a low dose of a benzo would be helpful. I know I took some valium on my wedding day, and it helped. I'm talking low dose though...you don't want to be like the sister in 16 candles....no one likes a sloppy bride.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *coming out of lurkdum* I visited a Dr for the first time and requested medication for my anxiety and it was prescribed. Go in and explain to him/her exactly what you explained here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards