Wedding Woes

A FB status that showed up in my feed today

"Hello Yes, I'm a female. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I was there. I count on my fingers. I hide the pain from my loved ones. I say it is a long story, when it really is not, just to get out of having to tell it. I cry a lot more than you think I do. I care about people who don't care about me. I am strong because I have to be, not because I want to be. I listen to you, even when you don't listen to me. And a hug will always help. Yes, I'm a girl!!!!! Re-post if you're a lady and proud of it!!."

This is a soon-to-be family member who posted this.  Can you remind me that it would be incredibly assh*lish of me to post that I'm a lady and too proud of it to perpetuate lame stereotypes like this?

Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That doesn't even make any sense or have anything to do with being a girl/woman. 

And I have a burning hate for any status that says 'repost if you agree', because it's usually lame and stereotypical.  
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me stabby.
  • edited December 2011
    That's just stupid.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    why would it be assholish to say "I'm not defined by my sex organs and I"m not a twit"?

• ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Probably because I already give her a hard enough time for bumming everyone out at parties by telling them that she and BIL are celibate (interestingly, she doesn't say that they're waiting for marriage or anything, just that they are absolutely not doing it now).  And also because it's Facebook, and I don't want to be one of those weirdos who starts drama on there.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fb-status-showed-up-feed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ed423ef-669b-4b25-8abc-5ecaaf0c4e61Post:029ac835-f282-4b37-a00c-55fc4081fad3">Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today</a>:
    [QUOTE]Probably because I already give her a hard enough time for bumming everyone out at parties by telling them that she and BIL are celibate (interestingly, she doesn't say that they're waiting for marriage or anything, just that they are absolutely not doing it now).  And also because it's Facebook, and I don't want to be one of those weirdos who starts drama on there.
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]

she goes around to parties and annouces that she and her FI are not having sex?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fb-status-showed-up-feed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ed423ef-669b-4b25-8abc-5ecaaf0c4e61Post:21a98734-9658-4eff-a0e3-434ac747c111">Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today : she goes around to parties and annouces that she and her FI are not having sex?
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

Family parties at that.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is the stupidest thing I've ever read.

And why is she telling people they're celibate?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    What about you put "I am a woman because I have ovaries and no penis."
    edited December 2011
    Yes, yes, at family parties, and also parties with people who aren't family.  I don't know how it keeps coming up in conversation, and frankly, I'm not sure it really does.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011

this is just the stupidest thing you've read today, ls!  or, at least, so far.  who knows what other idiots kuus is soon to be related to.

• edited December 2011
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

MY responce when anyone sends me chain mail
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011

i re-posted it as my status and i urge you all to do the same.

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to clean house THAT badly, hmo.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    can someone please explain onfirecat's "response"?  thank you in advance.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't wait for someone to post this on my feed! I'm going to respond with something about vaginas. Too bad I unfriended the girl that will probably post this a few days ago!
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011

i'm going to re-post it a few times so it keeps showing up in kuus's feed. 

edited December 2011
    I WILL END YOU!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fb-status-showed-up-feed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ed423ef-669b-4b25-8abc-5ecaaf0c4e61Post:e95b6c3c-2ac2-45a2-aa88-89617d90c015">Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today</a>:
    [QUOTE]can someone please explain onfirecat's "response"?  thank you in advance.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

IT makes me so mad i

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

but in the end i calm down and

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

does that make more sence?
    edited December 2011
    Do you use symbols because you don't know how to spell properly?
  • edited December 2011
    I use symbols becasue it make me happy, and normaly the people who i post it on gets a kick out of it. ovusly the wrong group here.
  • edited December 2011
    Ovusly. Bunch of old farts, huh?!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fb-status-showed-up-feed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ed423ef-669b-4b25-8abc-5ecaaf0c4e61Post:63eddefb-283b-4111-a0a7-61d07dd1e747">Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ovusly. Bunch of old farts, huh?!
    Posted by Cant_wait![/QUOTE]

I did not say that, it just seams people have a issue with them.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fb-status-showed-up-feed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ed423ef-669b-4b25-8abc-5ecaaf0c4e61Post:10b020cb-4a6f-4601-979e-c0c75efcbf4e">Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today</a>:
    [QUOTE]I use symbols becasue it make me happy, and normaly the people who i post it on gets a kick out of it. ovusly the wrong group here.
    Posted by pyronfirecat[/QUOTE]

this doesn't make any sense. you're validating communication through symbols because people who post moronic things that piss you off  "gets a kick out of it."
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]IT makes me so mad i
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ [/QUOTE]

want to ... jump .. on a swing?

[QUOTE]but in the end i calm down and
    ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)[/QUOTE]

the swing is now a ... chair ... and i am not ... sitting in it anymore?

[QUOTE]does that make more sence?
    Posted by pyronfirecat[/QUOTE]

it really doesn't make any ... sence ... at all.
    edited December 2011
    The more you post, the less I understand. 
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My God, this thread just keeps getting more and more awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fb-status-showed-up-feed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ed423ef-669b-4b25-8abc-5ecaaf0c4e61Post:f9da8468-4717-47cf-bc60-7336be440ebf">Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today : this doesn't make any sense. you're validating communication through symbols because people who post moronic things that piss you off  "gets a kick out of it."
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

stupid posts or not they are still my freinds and if we can all get a giggle out of it who cares
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fb-status-showed-up-feed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:1ed423ef-669b-4b25-8abc-5ecaaf0c4e61Post:8f6080aa-c0fb-4725-aa84-24a0592d4b04">Re: A FB status that showed up in my feed today</a>:
    [QUOTE]want to ... jump .. on a swing? the swing is now a ... chair ... and i am not ... sitting in it anymore? it really doesn't make any ... sence ... at all.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

It is a table! the kriby flips the table
  • edited December 2011
    Nevermind. You ovusly don't get me either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards