Wedding Woes
Options

Work in the Time of Cholera

We have an "emergency" conf call this afternoon to discuss whether we need to move our sales meeting out of the Dominican Republic now that cholera has gained a foothold there.  I'm on the fence:  OTOH, I'm not genuinely worried about catching cholera while there.  On the other, if they cancel it, then they'll move it here, which means I'll get to be home every night.  (I hate being away from the Woozle on overnights.) 

I haven't decided whether to play carefree or deeply concerned on this call.  WDYT?

Re: Work in the Time of Cholera

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011

I wouldn't care.  But if I were a mom, I would care just b/c any potential would bother me.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to visit the Dominican Republic, but not for work.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Amen, Zilla.  With the rest of my work schedule plus all of our holiday travel, I don't really need another trip on my schedule.  And a conference room in a beachfront resort is still a conference room, KWIM?  It's not like I'm going to be lying on the beach sipping pina coladas and getting massages.

Oh, and if they cancel, it will almost certainly be moved here to save money, since we all had to book our flights and stuff already.  Since we're going to end up losing some money if we cancel, I think we'll go for the cheap option here to make up for it.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

sounds like you want it to be moved, so I'd say so.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards