Wedding Woes
Options

Rude Venue People any advice?

I need advice on dealing my venue people. They were so nice when I booked it and now they have turned in to wedding communist. They are taking liberties that I don't appreciate. For example, I scheduled a tour for my fiancé and I to do a walk thru together so the lady went ahead and booked us for a cake tasting. Oh great that will be so convenient. So now this "Tasting" is a make up your mind and write a check meeting. So no opportunity to think about what I want to do, Not cool. May just cancel it all. Am I wrong to be upset over this?

Re: Rude Venue People any advice?

• Options
    I'm confused.  You were going to walk around, and now you're going to walk around and eat cake, and this makes you angry?
  • Options
    I think you are over reacting.

I don't necessarily think this was rude on their part.  The coordinator probably thought she was making things more convenient for you. 

If you don't wish to have the cake tasting as part of this visit, simply call them and say, "We are just intending on a walk through during our appointment, we will schedule a tasting at a later date."

Put on your big girl panties and deal with this like an adult, not a spoiled child.
  • Options

You said they want a check?  Have you not put a deposit down yet?  I can see why they'd be anxious about getting your check - they can't just reserve that day for you without any guarantee you aren't going to back out and leave them high and dry.

• Options
    She probably just wants to kill 2 birds with one stone. A tasting is usually just a tasting. You wont have to write a check, unless you either haven't booked yet or you have booked and a scheduled payment is due.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

No one can force you to write a check. Eat their cake. If you don't want to pay them then, don't. 

(Unless you owe them for stuff you've already signed contracts on. Then yes, you need to pay them for that.)

• Options

i don't understand -- have you never had cake before, and are you afraid you won't like cake? 

it's okay.  cake is good.  don't be afraid of cake.

• Options
    In fact, if you don't WANT the cake-mail it to me.
  • Options
    No, I love some cake, this is the latest occurance with this crazy lady. What happened was she did not send me the menu of the bakers options but wanted me to put a deposit. So I didn't know what anything cost but I needed to pay 50%, Ummmm NO.  So since I flew off the handle I first poured a Martini, calmed down, and then I got another email with the menu and apology stating I got left off an email from last week.
  • Options
    My new Wedding Motto

• Options
    50% deposit on the cake?
  • Options
    Yes 50% on a cake.
  • Options
    If I were you, I'd eat ALL the cake, and then say that I need to think about it and am not ready to make a deposit or final decision yet.
  • Options

Does your contract state when you have to make a decision on the cake?  I'd check it out.

I'm assuming you can't bring in a cake from an outside caterer, so you're going to have to pay them at some point.  I'd say a 50% deposit is excessive, but if you want cake at your reception and if it's in the contract, you pretty much have to pay, right?

• Options
    I am double checking my contract if i have to use their baker. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought 50 % was excessive. On a lighter note It just reduces what all we have to pay later.
  • Options
    True.  Plus, you know, free cake today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_rude-venue-people-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:203b0777-300a-47b4-b466-5ab720f24d28Post:c265f452-dc91-4d64-b3d2-6c33232ba906">Re: Rude Venue People any advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My new Wedding Motto
    Posted by bchbride062012[/QUOTE]

I think I like you.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So glad you like my motto! It's working well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards