Washington-Seattle

NWR: Interesting story & RANT-Last day and getting ready to move

I just left work an hour ago and my preschoolers who I have been with for 9 months were heart-broken. They made it so hard to leave, unlike my bosses. Two kids in particular were hugging me and crying. They were telling me not to leave and asking me if they could come. I told them on Monday that I was moving and my bosses cut me down to half days in order to transistion them.

Here is the work drama: They told me not to tell anyone that I was leaving and that they would send out a letter explaining to parents this was 2 weeks ago. So on Monday I had to leave at noon instead of 4pm and the kids were asking me where I was going, so I explained to them that this was my last week and on Friday I would bring them cupcakes and we could celebrate. Well a parent called my work on Wednesday to confirm that I was really leaving and asked my bosses. So while I was on the playground they came up and asked me if I told. I said yes, the kids were asking where I was going so I told them, since this is transition week I figured I could now tell them. He ws pissed and walked away. Apparently, that night they sent out an email to some parents telling them about me. I never got the email or any notification that this was the case. So I say my goodbye to the kids and coworkers and go to clock out AND no one is in the office!!! Both my bosses are MIA. They didn't even say bye or anything. So I left my thank you note, cd of picture if the kids and my keys. I was way overqualified for this job and told them at the beginning I will only be here for the school year and they agreed to still hire me. I have a Master's In Teaching and I was making 11.25 an hour no benefits and no paid time off. No I feel they are mad and me and I shouldn't use them as a reference. Some people!!!

Thanks for listening. It's been a long 9 months. BTW, I am not the only one this has happened to there. They also demanded I tell them 3 months early when my last day was and so I did out of respect and then they let me go early. How lovely?

Re: NWR: Interesting story & RANT-Last day and getting ready to move

• edited December 2011
    WOW! What a$sholes!!! You are well rid of them! Awww...how sweet of the kids though! Kids get really attached to their teachers, so that was a super shiitty way of them to handle it, just from the kids perspective! They needed the chance to say goodbye.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They suck.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow.... well it sounds like its for the best that you are leaving but still must be hard to say goodbye to the kids. Hope you find another amazing job that you love and your bosses appreciate you! :) Hugs!
  • edited December 2011
    Omg! I'm so sorry Trisha! That is horrible! What jerks. I don't know how the leaving thing works but it always seemed so sudden and abrupt when my teachers would just all the sudden be gone.. I have a few friend's whose parents have been teachers for years and are getting close to retirement and the administration just treats them like garbage. It is a horrible situation!

Well, on to the next boo! Hopefully this side of the mountains will treat you better!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    What goes around, comes around.  Just remember the sweet kids. :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry it was such a bad ending. I imagine that was so bittersweet!
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Lame.

I hope you find a nice school to work in over here!  And, I think it was good that you told the kids, because they do need that time to transition.  Sheesh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yikes. glad you're out of that working environment...now come have a gtg with us! :)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    aww, that sux about the bosses.  At least the kiddies appreciate you! Good Luck with your move and well see u soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all your support! :) We are SO EXCITED for the move... we will be driving as of Wednesday to join you on the westside! A GTG sounds amazing:) I'm sure I'll have better luck working at a school district with some structure rather than a private small business where the bisses are too emotionally invested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards