Wedding Woes

I'm an idiot.

I knew my car registration was due for renewal this month. I had the email but it slipped my mind until today- the last day I can renew without a penalty.

So I went online to do the renewal and I need an emissions test. I didn't read the email closely and missed the line in it that said it needed to be done before I could renew. Go me- now I have to go do that tomorrow and I'll end up paying a late penalty on the registration.

Compounding this is that my car apparently has some problem, but we need to take it to the dealership for them to properly diagnose the issue as my regular oil change place wasn't equipped to do that for whatever reason. So my car may not even pass an emissions test- although I'm hoping that it being a 2007 that it will be okay.

I fail at being a responsible adult. But I do win at being an excellent procrastinator!

Re: I'm an idiot.

• Pmeg, you're still better than me.

We let it go six months.  SIX.  MONTHS.  I just kept forgetting.  I even had to have the inspection redone b/c I forgot so long.  

It happens.  Last time I could renew online, this time I had to appear in person for whatever reason and I just couldn't remember.
  • For some reason I hate registration...I know it's coming, I just get pissed that I have to pay it.  Especially when the roads around here leave much to be desired.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_im-an-idiot-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:2b9f7975-fba6-46d2-b696-482933615a4cPost:faa30bef-5f69-42c2-9dd0-120678bfebdc">Re: I'm an idiot.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>For some reason I hate registration...I know it's coming, I just get pissed that I have to pay it.  </strong>Especially when the roads around here leave much to be desired.
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

I'm the same freaking way.  Our roads in my area are good, but our vehicle registration fees are still ridiculously high (some of the highest in the country). 
  • Really..I know we btch about this on the regular.  I think mine is still about $250/yr.  Ridonculous.
  • And I just realized that we didn't pay a ticket we received for those expired plates (they changed the court date on us twice and I lost track the last time.  Looks like I didn't write it down).  

Yay for warrants!  SMDH.  I'll be taking care of that today.
  • I get SO mad at myself when I forget crap like that. But everyone forgets sometimes.  You are a busy lady. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am waiting on documentation to get a new driver's license. Talk about visiting the 7th circle of hell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards