Wedding Woes
Options

Every family GTG has become

a good time to discuss my family planning.

"When am I going to have some more grandbabies?"

"I'm not sure. If you're counting on us to give them to you five more years at least."

"BUT IN FIVE MORE YEARS MY [SILs] KIDS WILL BE IN COLLEGE!"

"Well, that will be perfect. They can babysit for beer money."

SIL: DED
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Every family GTG has become

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mean - nothing gets it to stop. Not, "ha ha my uterus my business ha ha" or "We're not ready" or "none of your business"

so now I'm just having fun with it.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MIL is baby crazy. Everybody else lets it go but she's DYING for more grandchildren.

I hope you're right though. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For us, it increased as time went on.  For the first year, no one really bothered us.  And even the second year we were married.  But from then on, it was constant. Especially after my sister had my nephew. 

I kept telling people that we already had a kid.  They didn't like that answer. 

But truly, we really wanted to wait for a) until the kiddo was almost done w/having to be in daycare(or before/after school care) and b) DH was done or almost done with his degree.  People thought that was a crap answer.

So I started getting rude and telling people that when DH and I started having sex with a purpose, we'd let them know.  We actually told no one we were trying and everyone was surprised when I was KU.  I'll still never forget my mom's reaction. 

FWIW, by the time DefConn makes his appearance, DH and I will have been married for 4.5 years. 

Anyway, I feel your pain.  It gets super annoying after awhile.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's such a strange question to ask directly. I would never consider asking someone if their pregnancy was planned or not. WTF?
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And then once you're pregnant, you'll either get asked how you feel all the time or people will tell you stories of their pregnancies. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'll just stop answering at all. Or start doing an interprative dance.

http://tinyurl.com/2ddfwcw <so, so wrong
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When Bro and SIL had issues getting pregnant it was a big wake up call to how rude it was to ask.  I had a few people on DH's side ask, but I generally just said "when they would buy." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards