Washington-Seattle
Options

I'm feeling pretty out of the wedding loop... any rentals info/help?

So, we moved into our new house on Sunday, it's law school finals time over the next two weeks and I'm behind where I should be (as usual, I'm a procrastinator), Wednesday afternoon a granite tile fell on my foot at Lowe's and it's really painful and in a boot for a month or more, work is hectic, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get chairs for the ceremony and reception. Our florist can provide them but he quoted me like $12.75 per chiavari chair when all of the local rental co's are like $8. WTF? However, the problem is that none of the local rental co's have exactly what I need so it looks like I'll have to work with two, and they all charge like $350 for pick up/delivery. Good lord. I want to try to find a single rental place to handle all of it to avoid paying that heinous fee twice, but I'm not having much luck. I just need 100 of those normal white outdoor chairs, 100 silver chiavari chairs, three banquet size tables, a cotton candy or sno-cone machine, and a popcorn machine. Does anyone know of a good rental place that has all of that?

I've tried Alexanders and Grand so far. Any other great rentals sources? What about linens? I don't know how it can cost $1500 for some satin table linens and napkins. Seriously?! Oy.

Re: I'm feeling pretty out of the wedding loop... any rentals info/help?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also AA Rentals http://www.aaparty.com/ and I think an Abby Party Rental or something like that?  I'm not going to be much help with costs and what all they have though.  As for linens - have you looked to see if you can buy a bunch from a wholesaler or something and use them then sell them afterwards?  Just a thought if it ends up being really close out of pocket initally.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One more thing - if you go to the big Seattle Wedding Show at the beginning of January, a lot of the rental places have booths there and some hand out like 10% off coupons. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use Abbey Party Rents for my clients all the time - I've never had a bad experience with them and their prices are a little under Grand and Pederson's.  I should qualify - I've never used them for food service items like cotton candy or sno-cone machines.

www.abbeypartyrents.com

They don't have the greatest website - but it gives you an idea of what they have.  I'd call them once you look over the website, everyone is very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I like the 10% coupon idea, too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Foot in a boot - did you break any bones? :(
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Luckily, nothing is broken... unluckily, there is a ginormous swelling/bruising/lots of soft tissue damage and the pain is sort of amazing. Ugh. They said yesterday that it'll hurt/be in a boot for about a month. UGH!

Just in case anyone ever stumbles across this post in the future, with these strange needs, sno-cone and popcorn machines are to be had at Alexander's and Grand, but it doesn't look like the others carry them. I think that I'm going to get stuck with two vendors, but I am going to see what I can do about at least combining everything but the popcorn/sno-cone and then just picking those up separately. Sunday delivery or pick up is what runs so expensive. OY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I rented my chairs and linens through Alexander and they are great to work with. However, I'm afraid that's all of the help I can provide. I know that I looked at AA, but I honestly don't remember why we didn't go with them - probably price. Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been in contact with Emily GUy at Abbey Party Rents. She seems really sweet and very helpful. I haven't booked yet but I probably need to get on it.

would it be possible to have a few family members do the pickup and delivery?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    sleepyapollosleepyapollo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i definately saw some wedding show coupons for both Alexander & Grand last year.  somewhere between 10-20% off... you can probably negotiate too if you have a larger order.

i was on a budget with my linens & the cheapest i found was Express linen service in Tukwila.  (www.expresslinenservice.com)  i know they don't have everything on their website, so you should call to confirm.  basic white polyester linens were ~$9 each, which was better than other places i checked.  the pickup/delivery charge was also reasonable @ $50.  i was able to negotiate 10% off my order w/ the owner just by asking nicely, even though i had a smaller order size. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow, that place in Tukwila is AWESOME!! All of my linens except the chair pads are $630!! If I could reach through the monitor and kiss you, I would :) Thank you SO MUCH!! My other quotes were like $1500!!
  • Options
    sleepyapollosleepyapollo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards