Wedding Woes
Options

Holy hair loss

I read about pp hair loss but it's like I'm losing a litter of Yorkies every time I shower. It's everywhere- wrapped in B's fingers, in his diapers, all over the damn place. I may be having to sunscreen my scalp by summer.

Re: Holy hair loss

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    it will taper off, and then you'll have all of those really short "baby hairs" around your hairline to contend with.
  • Options
    Between 3-6 months pp, it will be bad. Take your vitamins, and wait it out. It'll come back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good to know! Ed is fully preparing himself to have a bald wife.
  • Options
    Baby A is 13 months, and I have wispy hairs, particularly right in front. I was considering bangs to have them blend in, because I'm forever flat ironing them straight!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'd say it gets better, but I'm still dealing with those stray hairline hairs growing back funky. But I have super thin, slow growing hair so I'm sure that doesn't help.
  • Options
    DD2 just turned 6 months on Sunday and I'm still losing handfuls <no exaggeration of hair every time I wash it.
  • Options
    Dammit. I had thin hair pre-preg.,, wild monkey hair during preg., and now I'm losing it like Britney with an umbrella.
  • Options
    krizzo17krizzo17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Do they tell you these things in all those baby books? Because I've seriously never heard of this and would have thought I was dying, and cried myself to sleep every night without ever asking anyone.

Or looked on webmd, which would, as always, tell me I have cervical cancer.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No, it was in the books I read. It's just shocking when you start seeing how much it is. I thought it would be similar to when I get my period and start losing hair. But it is much, much more and I really did think I was going to be bald.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_holy-hair-loss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:2dda49a7-4373-4604-82b0-53dbf7cb74bcPost:4d799424-5698-481a-9ca5-1af906a49d35">Re: Holy hair loss</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, it was in the books I read. It's just shocking when you start seeing how much it is. I thought it would be similar to when I get my period and start losing hair. But it is much, much more and I really did think I was going to be bald.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

This!
  • Options
    ...do most people lose hair during their period?? I don't.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I recently read about Selma Blair having bad hair loss after her baby.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_holy-hair-loss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:2dda49a7-4373-4604-82b0-53dbf7cb74bcPost:3a555d25-1060-4dbb-93ff-1d918cd387fa">Re: Holy hair loss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do they tell you these things in all those baby books? Because I've seriously never heard of this and would have thought I was dying, and cried myself to sleep every night without ever asking anyone. Or looked on webmd, which would, as always, tell me I have cervical cancer.
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

Let this be a lesson to you.  Dr. WW ALWAYS has the answers.
  • Options
    Omg the Selma pic has me silent screaming! Gah, I'm scared of a real bald spot!
  • Options
    it grows back.  it's not like you lost a finger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards