Wedding Woes
Options

::ilove::

Unaltered dogs aren't supposed to be at the dog park (this includes females in heat, obviously).

Last weekend, some gigantic tool brought his brand new, as in, just purchased, yorkie, to the dog park with his wife. #1 - I am pretty sure homegirl is married to a gay dude. #2 - Dude was all, "ZOMG, all the other dogs are sniffing her, are you sure she isn't in heat? #3 - When I overheard him saying they *just* got the dog, I had a huge sad. They brought that dog to the germy park without having any vaccinations. I hope it didn't catch anything.

Re: ::ilove::

• Options
    Blech. They should have dog park bouncers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is exactly what they need. When the dogs were fighting this weekend, people were pulling the dogs apart. Can you ask for a lawsuit? Other people were shouting which dog "started it." That doesn't help, idiot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My H is like a dog park bouncer. Whenever we've gone and there's been an overly agressive or unaltered dog, he's asked them to leave. And they always do becuase you can be fined for not following the rules. Asshats anyways.
  • Options
    Good for your H!

Min, that's part of the reason we stopped going. I'm not going to be blamed for breaking up a fight some dbag's dog started with my dog, or let my dog be blamed for it b/c of his breed.

One of the ladies who has been going since it opened actually carries around a spray bottle with her, which I think is a great idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I had a big dog, I wouldn't go. I had a friend get bitten trying to break up a fight between her boxer and another dog.

There has never been one fight in the small dog area.

What is really scary is when people bring their small dog into the big dog area, and the big dogs go after it. Not. Cool. People are stupid.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a dog park near us that you can't get into without submitting an application and having your dog evaluated. I don't think I'd be comfortable taking Herbert to any other dog park. I'd be too worried about her getting blamed for any little thing because of her breed.
  • Options
    That is fabulous Duckis. I think it should be like doggy daycare, that the dog should be evaluated first (and owner too).

Min, we don't even have small dog/large dog areas. It's just one big clusterf.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ilove - that is horrible. I would never go there.

I miss taking Jake to doggie daycare - he loved it. All the places are clear on the other side of town and would add about 30 minutes to my 5 minute commute. Sorry, Jake.
  • Options
    Yep. It was great when you went during off peak times, but during the evening rush, it got nutty. We took Spike as a pup (from 5-10 months) and he was so good and loved to play with everyone, but he got pushed around a lot by a few jerk dogs, and he would scream in protest sometimes. We saw it once (we always stuck by just a few feet away), and the dog's owner was all the way across the park and we had to go rescue him.

It was at that point we realized- some people are jackasses, Spike lurves other dogs and gets along with all sizes, shapes and kinds and we should probably just get him a playmate and have mini dog park play time in our own back yard.

Add that to the list of what I'd like to have on my pittie rescue ranch- a supervised and stable environment dog park!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Occasionally I'll take another one of the fosters off the director's hands for an while and let 'em loose in the backyard. Never had a problem, except once with Taz. He could be a grumblecakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards