Wedding Woes
Options

7 days to go and wedding cheesecake baker cancels

I'm having a cheesecake wedding cake, small 2-tier and the baker called and canceled due to co-baker's illness. Now must scramble to find replacement in an area with few options. How frustrating!!

Re: 7 days to go and wedding cheesecake baker cancels

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well that sucks.  Do you have a caterer?  They may know somebody or have some options for you.  If not I'd hit the local grocery store or Sam's Club.  Have the bakery do a regular cake.  Sam's has frozen Cheesecake Factory- 3 flavors, 12 pieces for $14?  The slices are big so you could easily have your caterer slice them in half again and place them on something fancy so it doesn't look like frozen cheesecake.

I'd also be getting the contract of the baker out and see what rights you have for them backing out.  Record every penny you have to spend and then go after the cheesecake person for anything over and above what you would have spend on them.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man - that is no good. Couldn't the baker suggest someone in their place? Also, 6 has good suggestions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm already doing the cheescake factory cheesecakes for serving the guests, but the "wedding" cheesecake was for us to have a "cake" to cut.  Baker didn't do contract - it was only supposed to cost $60-70. Their suggestions were Publix or Winn-Dixie.  We don't want regular cake so that's out. Still working on a solution. Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get a regular cake at the grocery store to cut. You still have cheese cake factory cakes to serve the guests. So, in the end, what you cut doesn't matter, except for pictures. Don't make this a bigger deal than it has to be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about just getting another, stand-in, Cheesecake Factory cake. They cost about $50, and for another $20 you could probably add some rockin' decorations.
    http://shop.thecheesecakefactory.com/order/cheesecakes/godiva-chocolate-cheesecake-10-inch-dessert.html

Good luck, though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards