Wedding Woes
Options

::mistydawn::

Since you have been lurking, you must know I am WW's resident pug lady. I am not proprietary about my title, so please, come join me!

Are all four of your dog pugs? Or just the one? Black or fawn?

My H and I have one male fawn pug named Jake. He is a total assholio and the best foster brother to the 13 fosters we have had. Right now we have a foster named Woodward, who was in a puppy mill. He is very handsome, but his poots are lethal.

We work with our local pug rescue and it is very rewarding. Last night we did a home visit with a family that wants to get a pug for their little girl. I think they will make a good home to a pug that needs one.

So please, tell me about your pugs :)

Re: ::mistydawn::

• Options
    mistydawn123mistydawn123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only have one.  Her name is remmi and is a fat fawn.  Her papers say lady reminghton something or another.  She is one pretty princess.   I adopted her about six months after i had my big dog put down. Little dog (my corgi) and I were lonley.   She is such a blessing.  I am the biggest pug lover now.  We would love to get another pug, but 3 dogs and 2 cats in the house is enough.  My FI says he "hates" her, but last night he was sick and wanted her to snuggle with him in bed.  We also have Pettie a rat terrier and mycheif a lab/mutt.  She tries to be a good girl, but she is very naughty and her poots will clear the room.  I am her 3-4 owner, but she has a pampered life now.  The last person who had her didn't like the snorting, but that is one of the best things about her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes...we call them snarfs. You have to be prepared to deal with them as a pug owner.

H says that Jake is 'my dog' but the two of them are BFFs. And Woodward has become so attached to H. For the first two weeks we had Woody, H was at home with the dogs while I had to go back to work. So, Woody had nothing but time with H and it seems to have resulted in a beautiful friendship :)

Here is a picture of Jake. I wanted to buy him a coat, but I got the wrong size. Fat pug in a little coat.

What are your other interests? Makeup? Baking? Rock 'n' roll?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Plus size pug is hard to find which expains the pink camo.  I had to get her coat at the farm store.  She is a mammas girl since I am home doing the day, but she likes to snuggel with FI.  She went on play date the other day, with a black pug, but he liked her more than she liked him. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

this is all of us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jake has never met a stranger, which makes him an excellent candidate to be a foster brother. I attribute this to his days at doggie daycare.

The only other time Jake has had clothing is when he was a puppy and I bought him a shirt.

Baby Jake's tee...

Became a baby tee on him as he got bigger
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *butts in*  BABY JAKE!!!  want to squeeeeeeze him
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She likes her brothers and the cats, but she gets bossy when she goes on a play date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is us...minus the frillion fosters.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How cute
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, H has lost a bunch of weight since then, so he looks different. He is the incredible shrinking man.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did he lose the weight.  I am ready to put a padlock on the fridge to keep FI out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Me, plus the stress of graduate school. He used to eat horribly and drinking full calorie beer. I tossed out the Fry Daddy and starting asking him to cook better for me and I drink light beer, so he started drinking that. Then, he had to take qualifying exams, twice, not because he failed, but because he switched schools. Then, completing data collection for his dissertation, then writing his dissertation. His stomach declared gihad and he couldn't eat anything. It wasn't healthy weight loss, but it worked. Every time we see old friend, the remark on how skinny he is getting. He was a fixer upper, I tell you.

• Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Butting in to add this: Corgi!!

These are my two, Bella and Sarge.
  • Options
    eshee8198eshee8198 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I missed the lurking call, AND I'm way late on this thread, but I still wanted to say that Jake is adorable. I love his smile.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Little dog my corgi...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards