Wedding Woes
Options

Holy buckets

My mom is nannying for a family with six kids, all under the age of five. (*insert silent scream*)

She just called and told me this story.

The mom is a stylist, the dad owns his own retail store. The mom took the oldest kid (5yo) to work with her. The oldest kid happens to be a giant schit.

She looked over at one point during a cut & color, and realized the kid was carrying around a WAD of money. She didn't have any cash, so she asked where the girl got it.

"I didn't have any, and I needed some. So I took it."

But from where?

The CLIENT'S PURSE.

So she finished the cut & color, got the money back to the client, then hauled the girl home, where my mom was watching the other five kids (including a 5 week-old infant). When they got home, the mom had a talk with the girl about how she needed to behave otherwise she was (GET THIS) going straight to hell. Then she left.

The girl proceeded to trash the house out of spite.

Meanwhile, the other three kids all have raging diarrhea. As my mom put it, "They were screaming 'I'm pooping!!!' as they were running into the bathroom, and had poop running down their pant legs."

So we have a crying infant, three poopypant kids who now need to be cleaned up, and one raging klepto 5yo. I wish I were making this up.

Moral: NEVER HAVING KIDS.

Re: Holy buckets

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol @ "I needed some, so I took it."
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

But it doesn't have to be that way.  
    Why did they have 6 kids if they aren't even going to parent them? 

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_holy-buckets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:3395be82-5a0b-4fd3-b4d3-489d2f9c0394Post:e764b728-eabd-4b43-9743-e5eb2abe75f5">Re: Holy buckets</a>:
    [QUOTE]But it doesn't have to be that way.   Why did they have 6 kids if they aren't even going to parent them? 
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

Between that and the hell talk, maybe they're Quiverfulls?  ::shudder::
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh sweet heavens!!!  I hope your mom is getting paid enough to deal with this.  And by enough I mean $2.5 million.

I also hope she is slipping some birth control into the water pitcher at that house.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011

Heffa - I don't think Quiverfull moms work outside of the house.  Especially not doing something as "worldly" as being a hair stylist.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]But it doesn't have to be that way.  

only if someone is willing to put the hammer down.  is your mom willing/able to supernanny this?
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    ditto zsazsa.  I hope she's getting paid well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your poor mom! Kids are disgusting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm sorry, but i'm dying laughing at the "i'm pooping!!!!"
  • Options
    **Stinky!****Stinky!** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sadly, I believe my mom's underpaid, but she's so desperate for a job, she's doing whatever she can.

These people ARE pretty religious, but more in the la-di-da, Jesus loves you, don't piss him off or you demon children are on a straight shot to hell kind of way. My mom said that she's started using the "Don't. Or you're going to hell" line and it sounds like it's quite effective.

My mom's pretty headstrong. Hell, she raised ME. I think she'll be fine. As long as she doesn't get pooped on, or her purse stolen.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_holy-buckets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:3395be82-5a0b-4fd3-b4d3-489d2f9c0394Post:3c0f4e5d-9b54-469e-8557-9a94affd9421">Re: Holy buckets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heffa - I don't think Quiverfull moms work outside of the house.  Especially not doing something as "worldly" as being a hair stylist.

Good point.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like Hell would be a cinch after living in that house.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now that's a bad day at work.

I like zsa's ides about the bc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards