Wedding Woes
Options

S/O gross food, Mad Men Party -- Food Confession

My grandmother makes whipped cream and jello snacks all the time. You basically just mix the two together and serve.

I know I shouldn't love it, but I do.  Oh, I DO!!

Like this, only we don't bother with the layers.

Re: S/O gross food, Mad Men Party -- Food Confession

• Options
    does she hate you or something?
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    do you mix the whipped cream in before or after the jello sets?
  • Options

No shame in that.   I love jello and just about anything jello related.   (I just say no to veggies mixed with jello, though).

I've never heard of people hating on jello until I came to WW.

• Options
    After.  So you have small chunks of jello in whipped cream basically.  Usually strawberry, but raspberry is really good too.
  • Options
    I haven't eaten jello on years, but I did love it as a kid. My grandma made some good jello with the fruit inside. yum.
  • Options
    I remember really, really wishing that my mom would make jell-o layers in glasses like that.  But she never did. 

Zsa <--deprived

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My grandma made that, too.
  • Options
    Oh, this reminds me of POKE CAKE!!!  *drool*
  • Options
    My grandma still makes jello for holidays and makes me my own strawberry jello because I prefer it to cherry.
  • Options
    I made poke cake for DH's birthday last month.   It was lime flavored and it was spectacular.
  • Options
    Oh, and for the poke cake lovers: I have a recipe in which you add rum or vodka to the jello before you pour it over cupcakes - Jell-O Poke Cake Shots.   I have yet to do it, but ohhhhhhh how yummy that sounds...
  • Options
    My mom makes this stuff that is pretzels with butter and brown sugar baked, covered with a layer of jello and then topped with a cool whip/ cream cheese topping. It is awesome, and I don't care who judges me.
  • Options
    Pmeg, that sounds AWESOME.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    sunny anderson ("Cooking for Real") has some weird recipe for that. i forget what she calls it, but i'll post the recipe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards