Wedding Woes
Options

Everyone has something to say...

My FI and I thought long and hard about our guest list before sending out STD, etc. My family is giving me hell because I decided to not invite one of my aunts.  My reasoning is that we are not close, I have only seen her maybe half a dozen times in my life, and she is an alcoholic (not according to her). During another relative's wedding (that was a non-alcoholic reception) she kept sneaking outside to get drinks. When leaving the wedding I saw 2 empty bottles of wine and another half empty bottle (the reception was only 2 hours). She acted a little nuts but nothing to bad. My wedding will have an open bar for the entire reception (5 hours) and I really don't want someone having to babysit her instead of enjoying themselves.

I am standing my ground but I am at a loss as to what to say when my family members keep pestering me about inviting her. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated!
Anniversary

Re: Everyone has something to say...

• Options
    Whose paying? They get final say. If it's you, then just say you can't accommodate everyone you would like to invite.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yes, my FI and I are paying.

Thanks.
    Anniversary
  • Options

whose wedding is it?  then they get final say.

• Options
    are people calling you and emailing you at work and at home, basically all day long, with complaints? i can see how that can get to be annoying.
  • Options
    whoever complains that she's not there has automatically volunteered to babysit her.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_everyone-has-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:360d0bed-2e6a-4820-8f5d-8c043d1e3aa3Post:60b5399c-5c85-4f93-a495-872ed926b986">Re: Everyone has something to say...</a>:
    [QUOTE]are people calling you and emailing you at work and at home, basically all day long, with complaints? i can see how that can get to be annoying.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much how it is going. I am sticking to my original answer.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards