Wedding Woes

My car got recalled

Basically a crack may develop along a solder point.  The wording of the letter made me laugh though.  "In most cases, if a crack occurs...the engine warning lamp may be illuminated, harsh shift could result, or the engine may not start...In limited instances, the engine could stop while the vehicle is being driven which may increase the risk of crash."

Really, if my car just shuts off while I'm driving it MIGHT increase the risk of a crash?

Re: My car got recalled

• Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn! What do you have to do now?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The letter says I'll get another letter in late November when parts are ready.  Until then there's nothing to do.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    That sucks.  I guess they have to let you know, but it sucks to sit there with a defective car and not be able to do anything yet.

I think every call I've ever owned has been recalled at some point, but it's always been minor stuff.  And they've never made me wait and cross my fingers.  Crappy.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sucks. let's hope that your engine doesn't just randomly stop during the next month. :-/

I <3 my subaru - it's 14 years old, cost me $1, and still runs well. I will be sad when it dies (but excited to get a new Outback - they're pretty!)
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I generally love my Matrix, but I have been eyeing the Subarus.  My car only has 30k from 3.5 years driving so I doubt I'll be getting anything new this decade.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents started buying Subarus in 96 (mine was the first - inherited from my dad), and have never had any issues with them. They're great if you need to haul stuff as well - we used my car to drive to TX (me, DK, both dogs, my plants, the bar, candles, suitcases, etc.), even used it to bring a full-sized rocker/recliner home last weekend.

• fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a Matrix, too?  I guess I'll be waiting for my recall notice.  Hopefully my engine won't stop running while driving and increase my crash risk.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a corolla and got the same notice. I'm not too worried. Though if we make any long trips, we'll probably take H's car.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards