Wedding Woes
Options

O-face- hair color

And anyone else who colors their own hair.

What product do you use/recommend? I need to do something with mine and I really can't spend the money to go to my stylist right now. I'd like to do a couple shades lighter or darker than what it is now, haven't decided yet. Also, right now it's about a shade, maybe 2 darker than my natural color.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.

Re: O-face- hair color

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I use Feria, and I love it. It's very gentle on the hair, but gives great color - I'm a redhead, and too many products just aren't red enough. It's permanent.

I also recommend the L'Oreal EverPure shampoos & conditioners - they've made a huge difference in how long my color lasts. It will take your hair a week or two to acclimate to the lack of sulfates, and I find my hair feels dirty a little faster, but the color is more than worth it to me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use Loreal Superior Preference - I have been using it for years.  I get a lot of compliments on how healthy my hair looks.  And my biggest pet peeve is people touching my hair to see how silky it is. 
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have used L'Oreal, Feria, and Clairol/Herbal Essences recently (in the past 2 years or so). 

The color I've been buying recently is L'Oreal - I don't remember the specific name. I don't find that it damages my hair. 

I wouldn't recommend trying to go lighter at home, and since your hair is longer, get a "spotter" (someone to check and make sure you got it all.)  If you make a more drastic change, make sure you do your eyebrows too. I've been going light brown to dark red, so I usually use a q-tip and touch up my brows. (let it sit for maybe 15 minutes). I usually let the color develop longer than recommended (if they say 25 minutes, I normally go 30-35). Use a dark towel (or an old towel) to dry your hair after you rinse the color out. 

Also, make sure you use a shampoo and conditioner that protects color - especially if you go red, because it tends to bleed/fade quickly if you don't.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of the above.  I've used Feria with great results, and leave it on longer than recommended.  The formulas aren't too strong so it's alright to leave it on longer. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like Garnier Nutrisse.
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards