Washington-Seattle
Options

Another STD question...

The prev, STD question prompted mine....

I was going to get these:

http://www.beau-coup.com/caricature-save-the-date-magnets.htm?SSAID=264748

But after adding it all up, it seems a little spendy, don't you think?
It would be approx. $165 + s&h....

How much did you all spend on yours?

Is this too much for just std's?

I looked around at more simple ones & they were around $75-$95+ s&h.

Re: Another STD question...

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember exactly how much I spent on them...maybe $100 plus postage? But seriously it is a giant waste. Trust me. Do the simple ones or skip them altogether.
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on your budget. too me that sounds spendy but I made mine and they only cost $28 for 75. If its in your budget and you love it go for it :) I have and still do really enjoy DIYing things for the wedding. (not including postage)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    those are FREAKING adorable but I agree, they are a WASTE! :) I think if you do them, make something up, print through vistaprint or DIY and be done. We spent about 30 bucks total on ours including postage.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Sara, they're super cute, but you can do simpler if you want.  I hired a caricaturist to make our caricature which was a bit, but I wanted it so I could use it for STDs, sign for the wedding, and print one copy for our home, so it was worth it to me.  As PP stated, it's up to you to decide if it's worth it.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    alyssa324 - I would love to make my own but I've been working so much lately (50+ hours a week) I dont have much time to DIY anything :( Plus, I have no idea how to DIY a "magnet" std....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sara - did you get your stds & invites through vista? I went to their website this morning, I had never been. They have A LOT of REALLY nice options!
    What was the process with them, if you did purchase thru them? What is the process? You order & they print?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The magnet you can get printed, a lot of PPs did, at VistaPrint, and then you can just stick it on your own card.

I wonder if they actually have several artists who make these or if they have some kind of easy plugin for Photoshop so one artist can just plow through them.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours were about $35 plus postage.  Ppl really don't pay much attention to these (although my dad's is stuck on his calendar on their wall in the kitchen - aw :) ).  I wouldn't spend over $50 on them unless you're a huge paper person and this stuff matters a lot *to you*.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *hijacking post*  I totally appreciate feedback from the ladies who have already done their STD's.  It definately seems like the place to save money. Ive used Vistaprint before and their quality is good, prices or the most afforable ive seen. Will defiantely be using them for STD's
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carrie - did you do magnet stds? Where did you get them for $35?!?!
  • Options
    emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vista Print has all kinds of awesome deals for magnets, they just emailed me one for 50 magnets for $7.00, maybe this link will work to pass it on, if not pm me your email and I will forward the coupon to you.

http://www.vistaprint.com/gallery.aspx?pg=11&preid=82&xnav=TsrItem&xnav=TsrHeading
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you can upload an image at vistaprint. I just made ours in powerpoint and saved it as a pdf or another file type taht they require then VP tells you if the quailty of the image is okay and you can order. They print them and you pay shipping (if you sign up for their emails- almost everything is free and you just pay shipping). The best deal and honestly not that hard. If you find an image you already like on their site you just plug your wording in the boxes and you are done! You must check them out! I got 100 large magnets for less than $30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards