Washington-Seattle
Options

Site Booked!

So, Sunday we booked our site-so I feel like it is finally for real. We have been engaged for almost a year so couldn't really do much before so this is the first big thing. I am soooo excited! We are getting married at Thornewood Castle in Tacoma on March 26, 2011. Laughing

And, my fiance is adorable. He very much keeps stuff to himself-especially about the wedding-but we told the kids yesterday that the place was booked. He pulled me aside and said "I am getting excited about being married now...". I love it!

Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Site Booked!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats! That is a HUGE check! Now to book the photog. :) They seem to go quickly! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for checks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo! Congrats on the check.  My sister got married at Thornewood and it is truly a beautiful place!    And yay for March '11 brides! :-)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome.  Congrats!  This is when it starts to all feel very real.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwww! Really, FI and I got super-schmoopy when touring a venue for the first time because it made it all finally start feeling real!

Thornewood is BEAUTIFUL. I was there while working for an ABC movie that was filming there.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @KST - was that the Steven King one about Rosewood, or something?

Hmmm... maybe there's a theme to be found there.  ;)
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats.  That's cute that FI's gettng excited.  Same with mine, once we started booking things he started getting excited.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I felt a tremendous weight fall off of my shoulders once we booked our venue. I'm so happy for you!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carrie - it was the "prequel". The original SK was partially shot there, miniseries "Rose Red." A friend of his, with his permission, wrote a prequel called "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" starring the chick from The Patriot and the bad guy from The Scorpian King. (He was just as hot in real life). The screenplay wasn't so bad, but the final mini-series rather sucked. :D
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats. We wanted to get married there but it was booked for our day. You're so lucky! What great photo opps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for the major check!!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards