Wedding Woes

Oh, NEY

They seem to have gotten a fresh batch of beebees over the holidays. To wit:

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 years. I'm 22 years old and we have a two year old son and we live together. We obviously love eachother more than anything and have been talking about getting married. We've even looked at venues online, set a couple date options, and made a guest list to see how many people to plan for. The only thing that is holding us back is the ring. My dad is willing to pay for the wedding but we can't afford a ring on our own and my bf just got laid off last week. And, it doesn't help that I work in a bridal shop where I see brides all day so happy they are engaged. Me and my bf have put so much time and effort into our relationship and we're so ready to get married but it's only the ring that is keeping us from doing it. We've looked at rings, but I don't know what to do. I guess im just venting about it because I'm so bummed that there is no way around it. People would look at me crazy if I was planning a wedding with no ring. And he won't propose without a ring anyway.

Suggested solutions include getting a CZ ring or a cluster ring from Sears to save money. Yet none of them mention jobs or financial security.

Re: Oh, NEY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards