Wedding Woes
Options

I'm torn

I just started a new job in November.  I really like the people that I work with.  I have become very close to my partner and really would like to invite her and her husband to the wedding.  I have also grown fond of 2 other teachers and would consider them very close acquaintances. I would like to invite them too with their husbands.  Now my question is, I am friendly with 2 other women that work in the same classroom as me but wouldn't consider them really close just yet.  My dilemma is that I may become the teacher in the classroom with these two women I am not so close with now but may get close with later and would feel bad not to invite them considering the rest of the women in the classroom (whom I am closer with now) are. If I did invite them, I would be inviting them with their husbands as well.  I am sending STD this weekend. 

Do I not send the whole classroom STD and decide later or send them all STD and add them all to my already overwhelming guest list that is already more people than we originally planned?

Re: I'm torn

• Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If you are already over your numbers, don't send them STD's. You have a set number in mind for a reason I assume, whether it is your budget or your venue that restricts it, it is that way for a reason. Don't get yourself in trouble by having more people than you can handle the day of.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_im-torn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:404915ac-4820-41bc-9e72-cb3f067b1fffPost:38ccc8aa-18f4-4161-9ada-88693ff837ad">I'm torn</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just started a new job in November.  I really like the people that I work with.  I have become very close to my partner and really would like to invite her and her husband to the wedding.  I have also grown fond of 2 other teachers and would consider them very close acquaintances. I would like to invite them too with their husbands.  Now my question is, I am friendly with 2 other women that work in the same classroom as me but wouldn't consider them really close just yet.  My dilemma is that I may become the teacher in the classroom with these two women I am not so close with now but may get close with later and would feel bad not to invite them considering the rest of the women in the classroom (whom I am closer with now) are. If I did invite them, I would be inviting them with their husbands as well.  I am sending STD this weekend.  Do I not send the whole classroom STD and decide later or send them all STD and add them all to my already overwhelming guest list that is already more people than we originally planned?
    Posted by rubyf[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't send an STD.  You can decide later if you want to invite them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards