Wedding Woes
Options

Parentals, don't do this.

I've mentioned before that there's a woman here who lets her toddler play in the hall outside our door. Every afternoon, about this time, they start running up and down, yelling, shrieking, making noise, etc.

It's annoying. Play in your own damn apartment. Go outside. Go to the workout room full of yoga mats. Or - here's an idea! - play inside your apartment.

I guess the kid fell because now it's screaming. And the mother's trying to shush it, but it's not working. And she's not going into her apartment - just hanging out in the hall. WTH.

Where's a brain cell when you need it? 

Re: Parentals, don't do this.

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    This seems terribly inconsiderate.  Somehow, I think if you ran screaming past her apartment every afternoon, she wouldn't be so tolerant.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

why don't you say something?  or does this toddler have ocd?

• Options
    **Stinky!****Stinky!** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She no speaka the English. They're Russian or something. Maybe I'll just clothesline the toddler next time she scurries by...
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Shut the fluck up" knows no language boundary.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heffa's onto something.  Find out when naptime is and scream up and down the halls during that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "I've mentioned before that there's a woman here who lets her toddler play in the hall outside our door. Every afternoon, about this time, they start running up and down, yelling, shrieking, making noise, etc.

It's annoying. Play in your own damn apartment. Go outside. Go to the workout room full of yoga mats. Or - here's an idea! - play inside your apartment.

I guess the kid fell because now it's screaming. And the mother's trying to shush it, but it's not working. And she's not going into her apartment - just hanging out in the hall. WTH.

Where's a brain cell when you need it?"

I so feel your pain.  I work 5 days a week, 5:30 pm to 4 am. We live in a very nice mobile home community and the people mobile right next to ours is a local food bank. They also do church services on Sunday. They constantly have kids screaming kids running in and out. It was 72 degrees on Wednesday, the warmest day of the year so far. It was 10 in the morning. Kids screaming. I go ouside, in my nightshirt and ugly pants, no shoes. I knock on the door. A lady answers. I say, "we work nights, can you please tell the kids to keep it down. We don't make this racket when we are up and ya'll are asleep." It was quiet the rest of the day. On Thursday, we hear this really loud music. Ack! So, we get home from work at 4:30-ish am. So I turn up my music really loud. I mean, loud. Didn't hear anything, but Friday morning, I hear the kids once. Then I hear the lady saying, "keep it down, the people next door sleep during the day."
    OMG!!!! Only time will tell, but I think giving them a taste of their own medicene did the trick. I like the idea of running up and down in front of their apt. during naptime.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why is this toddler playing in the hall without supervision?  Does anyone else find this odd?  I think the mother is the one that needs to be clothes lined!
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Start leaving sugar cubes in the hallway. When Mom doesn't get any sleep for 6 straight days because her kid is hopped up on the white kiddie dragon she'll stop letting her kid play in the hallway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards