Options

Would you

(I'm watching Dr. Phil again)

Re: Would you

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a guy who needs a kidney and his siblings won't even get tested. 
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It makes me wonder if the guy is a big jerk.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would in a second.  I would do it for BIL or SIL (DH's siblings) too. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011

The guy could be a jerk I don't know.  The one sister is all "I have kids and grandkids.  I have responsibilities."  If your kids are out of then the responsibility is kind of over.  The brother just doesn't want to. 

It doesn't appear either of them have even done any research.  Dr. phil is giving facts about recovery, survival rates, etc. and they are just like "I didn't know that."

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm horrible, but it depends on which sibling. I have one that's a chain smoker, so No. And one that's an alcoholic, so No. The others I would in a second, as they're not abusing their internal organs.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_would-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:422cc186-e62a-43f1-9c68-337aa640ebb8Post:3ceb1745-558c-4f33-aa1c-7689495a2e01">Re: Would you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm horrible, but it depends on which sibling. I have one that's a chain smoker, so No. And one that's an alcoholic, so No. The others I would in a second, as they're not abusing their internal organs.
    Posted by Cant_wait![/QUOTE]

I don't think that's horrible.  I think that's valid.

I didn't get the impression this guy was doing that though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the sibling.  I wouldn't hesitate to donate to one of my nieces or nephews though. 
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I said yes, but I'm really not sure.  My brother isn't all bad, but I do believe he is an alcoholic, and he's not quite convinced of that fact yet. 

I can't imagine not even getting a few questions answered unless you knew the sibling had serious issues or you'd had some kind of falling out or something.

• Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any siblings, so I answered for SIL or BIL.  I'd do it for either of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards