Wedding Woes
Options

My family.

I hate to talk about them. I do love them, and they aren't all stuck. But them are.

They're stuck in 1973. For reals.

My aunt is a trip and has no shame. Not one ounce of shame. She will talk about ANYTHING with ANYONE.  Just think of anything you would choose not to share. She shares.

Let's get back to why they are stuck in 1973. She has about 3 pictures of black Jesus in her house. That in itself isn't bad, but they're framed and include the Black Last Supper picture on her wall.

Plus, she has a picture of Black Jesus on her coffee table where she keeps the Crown, Vodka, and Hennessey. ON THE SAME TABLE. Who does that?

Re: My family.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    them=they
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jesus turned water into wine. It stands to reason he would be OK with the harder stuff ;)
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :: pats brow ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, we get to her house. My uncle picks us up in his car that is covered in dog hair. I was wearing a black coat, so I was covered in white dog hair. I spent 30 minutes with a wet towel and lent brush trying to get it off.

I walk in the house and the wave of smoke hits me. Everyone smokes. It's like a Marlboro factory in that house. I sat there the entire time fanning.

I try to sit down but her sofa is covered in purses. Robert(the purse man) just came by and she tells me to pick out of the array of hot purses. They all have Dillard tags on them. Everything she owns is HOT. Not HOT Attire, but hot out of someone's trunk.

I'm like, "I'm good, Tee-Tee." She would not let me leave without a purse. So, the guy walks up to my sister and pulls out of trash bag full of jeans. Every name brand you can think of. All you can do is laugh. That's all you can do.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    :: clutches pearls ::
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This
    "Everything she owns is HOT. Not HOT Attire, but hot out of someone's trunk."

Has me laughing like there's no tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Y'all I'm am so not lying. This all happened, and more.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am amazed and delighted that this is your background.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Kuus, I was raised in a different city. THANK YOU, Jesus. Oh. Thank You, Black Jesus, I should say.

• Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    WHAT?!?!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    itstayloritstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to funeral at a black Methodist church last week.  I am from Detroit and was raised by a grandfather who was a preacher in  a large church there that participated in city things with black churches all the time.  So, I was prepared for the difference than my hands at the side Baptist church.  Anyway, the lady preacher spent over an hour preaching about this subject.  She said that she could point at just about anybody in there who gave her amens on sunday and then went home and drank and lived like the devil. She said she could go in just about every house and pull out the booze.  She was hilarious, I loved it, she would say "can I get a witness"  literally after every sentence. She told them like it was, and I could hear little old ladies all around me agreeing with her.
    ...t&j.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Man, all my family has at funerals is deviled eggs and a ham. I wish we had purses and jeans that had fallen out of the back of a truck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just remembered one more. So, I'm sitting there chilling with the fam, and my cousin walks up with a bag.

She says, "Nola, what would you like to drink?", and opens up a bag full of mini airplane bottles of alcohol. I laugh again. I'm like,'I'm good."

She takes out two bottles of vodka, and says, "Maybe some for later."

They have a friend that works for an airline.

By the end of the night, there were mini bottles all over that house. Heck, I even made myself a drink. There is no way you can stand it without one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Min, you would have laughed and laughed the entire night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NOLA - Your bringing me with you next time. You know I'm always down for some freeze booze and a handbag.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    this is like a Hollywood funeral, what with the gift bags and samples.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    0_0 wow
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Zilla, it is like a movie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards