Wedding Woes
Options

Tiny Gripe

I'm getting together with college friends for a SS and Christmas Party over the weekend.

Friend is planning this huge menu and then throws a "I've always wanted to make this recipe" into it.  An Italian Creme Cake. 

I told her that she had a lot on her plate (figuratively), and I of course let her know that I didn't want to slave away all afternoon.

Ugh. It's so annoying, I end up being tied to the food while she is all socializing. NO, I refuse.

Re: Tiny Gripe

• Options
    But why do *you* have to do all the food if she's the one planning the menu?
  • Options
    I vote you park yourself as far away from the food as possible. 
  • Options
    I said, "It sounds like your plate is full", her response?  "but you'll be there to help!".  No.  I'm not doing that.  I'd rather socialize.

There are going to be 6 of us, and the food?

2 soups
    3 appetizers
    2 bread items
    cheesecake bar
    1 veggie

THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH
  • Options
    If she wants to do it, let her, but back away from helping. When I plan something, I always have too much food, but I also don't make others do my dirty work.
  • Options
    Last time I babysit the farking food while she flitted here and there....never again.  She wanted to make a coffee cake for brunch the next day when someone else already offered to bring banana bread....I said add fruit, then be done with it.
  • Options
    Her response...."okay"

Pout away.  I don't care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards