Wedding Woes
Options

riddle me this.

dh and i got the keys to the new apt this weekend, and we went for a look around.

despite the fact that we are moving into a larger place with more sq footage and another bedroom, it looks like we are going to have to get rid of furniture.  the new place has fewer walls and smaller closets, so we don't know where most of our bookshelves will go.

if only we could live like we were in college again, and have a couch made out of empty beer cases for functional storage.

Re: riddle me this.

• Options
    Where did the space go?  Do you have more windows?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HMo, DH and I are looking seriously at a Nook.  The main selling point for me?  With an additional memory card, the Nook can hold up to 70,000 books.  To say I audibly squeed in the store is an understatement.  While I keep saying I'm not sure I could give up books for good, not having to pack, haul, and unpack 20 boxes again, would be amazing.
  • Options
    it's more windows and more open space, so less walls.  while we were up there, dh and i looked out onto the dc skyline, and there was a giant plume of black smoke in the background.  oh, dc.

dh is really into the physicality of the books, which makes me insane.  he's all about wanting to have a library in his retirement.  dude, that's in 30 years.  we don't have the space now, so let's live in the now or you won't see retirement if i have anything to say about it.
  • Options
    See, I thought I was too.  Then we borrowed a friend's Kindle.

Do you know how.much.easier.  it is to read a book at night on the Kindle?  No trying to hold it open with one hand while laying on your side to fall under the light.  No more DH complaining about the nightlight being on.  No more trying to use the stupid bed book light that never works anyway.  That part right there was worth $100 bucks.

Then we took it on a weekend trip.  Oh man, oh man, was that so nice.  Not carrying at least 2 books for each of us.

The one problem I forsee is that we're both going to want our own.  But our library is also working on having electronic books to check out which is awesome!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_riddle-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:4850ecb7-eaf8-4bc2-bd6d-a93367df1ba3Post:3d44a449-69d0-478c-8e20-366d8184ddff">Re: riddle me this.</a>:
    [QUOTE]dh is really into the physicality of the books, which makes me insane.  he's all about wanting to have a library in his retirement.  dude, that's in 30 years.  we don't have the space now, so let's live in the now or you won't see retirement if i have anything to say about it.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

H is the same way. 3 years ago we packed 4 boxes of books to be donated. 3 years later they have been moved from the living room to the storage unit. He refuses to get rid of any of his books.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards