Wedding Woes

Having a hard day, so AW-ing my BFP

It has been the day of a thousand suck, I swear.  Raw material I needed failed in QA, I didn't notice until lunch that DD's hat and mittens were still in her car seat, I realized I had lost one of my favorite earrings (and was walking around with one hoop in, like a pirate), bad meetings, bad conference calls, so I'm AW-ing the BFP to selfishly cheer myself up, since DH is the only one who knows IRL.  It is very early, so I hope I'm not jinxing myself and won't have to issue a retraction.  But I'm hopeful.

If it's a girl, we already have a name and a shitton of everything from DD, so I'm betting it'll be a boy.  Murphy's Law and all that.  By the time we found out the sex with DD, we still hadn't agreed on any girl names but had had a boy name picked out for months, so we'll probably be in the same boat this time.  (The boy name we had picked out is way overused now and is no longer an option.) 

Speaking of DD, we're waiting a while to tell her, but in the past I've floated the idea of someday having a brother or sister, and she has not been enthusiastic.  So I tossed it out earlier this week ("Would you like to be a big sister someday like So-and-so and So-and-so in your class?") and she said "No way, Mommy."  I worry for her, irrationally--she's my baby, my one and only, and now I feel like I'm cheating on her.  Even though she's a big part of why we're having a second one--she'll need someone to b!tch about us to when we're old and annoying.  (Or middle aged and annoying.)

Re: Having a hard day, so AW-ing my BFP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards