Washington-Seattle
Options

question on programs...

ok, so two of the people who have passed away in our families share the same names as people still living..

FI was named after his Grandpa.. exactly! so when people see it they will look at the front of our program and be like.. huh? since it is his grandpa he isn't a jr..  also, my grandpa passed away and has the same name as my father but he is a jr.. anyway, would it be ok to put what they are to us and their name? or write out Grandpa Calvin?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: question on programs...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aare you saying you want to include it on the inside of the progrgram? Like, in remembrance? I think either way would be fine...

Whatever feels more personal for you would be my advice :o)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. What's with all the double letters in my typing? Sorry 'bout that :o)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think its fine too use their names but you if you want I think you could put the late calvin........  Idk whyd I respond LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you put "In special memory of... " with the names, that people would get it.

I'm a bit confused, so was your gpa sr or jr? Because if he was sr, then I'd note that. If I saw that on a program, I'd imagine it was a grandparent or something, not the groom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also say Name, grandfather of the groom.  I think mine says "in memory of the father of the groom, first and last name."
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well i don't think FI's grandpa was a jr or senior.. but its just weird seeing his name there on the program.

even weirder.. i didn't know he was named for his grandpa.. we went to a funeral and his cousin was being buried in the family plot. he wanted to go look at his grandma... and there was a tombstone that said his full name.. i started crying.. i thought they had a tombstone for hima lready or something.. it was partially covered by the funeral set up for the cousin.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards