Wedding Woes
Options

In "are you kidding me" news

I'm in charge now of basically clearing vacation requests. It should be known that our PTO is use it or lose it- it does not roll-over and you do not get paid out on it.

So for the last several months my predecessor has been asking people to put in their vacation requests for this Christmas. And when I took over, it was assumed we were all good. We are also short 1 full time person and 1 part time person. And we have a huge deadline coming up which requires lots of work and is made more difficult by the holidays.

So this guy, who knows all of this, requests 1/2 of next week off and the following week after that. Today.

And of course, in the interest of not looking like a complete a-hole I have to see if there is any way to make this work (although it is highly unlikely at this point).

But really. Are you kidding me with this BS?

Re: In "are you kidding me" news

• Options
    We get nasty-grams starting in September.  They put out there how many hours are unscheduled vs. how many slots are left.  If people don't act, they continue. 

My team is usually good, but I've talked to some morons who've lost time off because they were jacking around.  They get no sympathy from me.  It's all there in black and white and you can check it any time, day or night. 
  • Options
    Adds "rollover PTO" to the plus side of DH's benefits.
  • Options

You work with my husband?  Good to know.

I'll be losing over a week of vacation this year just because I've got too much work to take it.  I know I should be happy to have a job, blah, blah, blah, but I'm all sorts of bitter about this.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_in-are-you-kidding-me-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:49351a1d-1b9d-4df8-ba20-091c4939f36dPost:ceb86c37-fa8a-4559-9412-8fb457be0146">Re: In "are you kidding me" news</a>:
    [QUOTE]You work with my husband?  Good to know. I'll be losing over a week of vacation this year just because I've got too much work to take it.  I know I should be happy to have a job, blah, blah, blah, but I'm all sorts of bitter about this.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

<div>No you shouldn't. This whole 'everyone should be happy just to have a job" thing pisses me off beyond measure. Yes, you should be GRATEFUL for your job, but good grief. You shouldn't have to bend over and take it in the ass just for a damn paycheck. </div><div>
    </div><div>I go through this with H. He's all "I'm the only one who doesn't work 60 hours/week." Seriously? If everyone is regularly expected to put in that much time, that is a MANAGEMENT problem. Not a you-not-working-hard-enough problem.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Like how everyone blamed the Hostess union for asking for god-knows-what egregious benefit, like an extra sick day or whatever, and people are saying they should just be glad they have jobs. That's literally what people said about all of those people who died in the freaking fire in Bangladesh. </div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, there are many shades of gray in there, and your vacation days aren't anywhere near dying in a freaking factory fire, but geez. 

I know you slack off here with us during the day, but I also know you work your butt off at night and on weekends as needed to make up that time and more. If you are losing vacation because your company gave you too much work, they are the asssholes. And you can't just up and quit your job, but you sure as hell have a right to complain to random internet strangers about it. </div><div>
    </div><div>And you can bet your arse I'd be working in some unofficial comp time later. </div>

• Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who's pissed at their jobs, "lucky to have a job" or not! I totally agree that it doesn't mean we should have to bend over for our paychecks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There was a superintendent that used to carry around McD's applicaitons.  Whenever someone complained he handed them one and walked away.  As if this wasn't bad enough most of the reason he was as high up was because of dumb luck, his dad's hard work, and his ass kissing.
  • Options
    That is exceedingly punch-worthy, 6.

I also am thankful that H's sick time and vacay roll over.  2 weeks and 18 days.  Yep. 
  • Options
    Ugh.  PITA.

DH's time doesn't roll over, but he does get paid out in January.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards