Wedding Woes
Options

things

i don't know what philly cooking creme is, but it's never going in my mouth.

i made the cutest little banner for babymo's room; i will take pics and post on fb.  i settled on a pennant; i do not think it looks like a string of thongs.

i am going to make a chairass batch of monster cookies this weekend.  I CANNOT WAIT.

dh needs to have 2 hours of quiet time to himself this weekend.  babymo and i are going shopping and having frozen yogurt with mangoes and stopping at the bookstore and looking at belts and playing with makeup at sephora and touching displays at other stores and buying shoes.

dh bought bananas this past weekend.  one of them got a little brown spot and OMG THEY'RE ALL RUINED KILL THEM KILL THEM WITH FIRE THEY'RE POISON I TELLS YA.  in other words, i will also be making banana bread this weekend.

i need shoe help, y'all.  i need it bad.  i need casual brown and black shoes with a lower heel.  my cheapness will not allow me to spend more than $50/pair, but i still want cole haans!  why don't people leave their door unlocked so i can just steal things? 

s/o stealing things, i just found out that when mama mo was here to help with the baby, my jar opener and my good ladle went into her suitcase.  i am my mother's daughter, yo.

Re: things

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That cooking cream is scary.  I'm also scare by the cheese "with a touch of philly"

I have 3 bananas that need to be consumed.  They make me sick, so banana bread sounds awesome.

HAHAHAHA at your ladle and can opener.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.rackroomshoes.com/product/fabulaire/amellia/1302.152175.html

http://www.rackroomshoes.com/product/fabulaire/bennett/1302.150098.html

One of the assistants has VPL. I know it is in my job description to direct her. Would 'buy a full-length mirror and turn around it" fall under my purview.

H has put the kebosh on my baking. I am making more than he can eat and we can give away.

H mentioned haning with his cw this weekend. Maybe I can score some gays in time to help me dress for this wedding.

It's OK about the jar opener and ladel; you'll get them back when you are pillaging her house while everyone else is wasting time at the memorial service.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I place that cream cheese stuff in with velveeta.  One chemical compound away from your plastic chairs.  No thanks.

Ha @ the ladle.

I hate shoe shopping, I have a hot dog budget with caviar tastes.  I will not be helpful. 

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    s/o stealing things, i just found out that when mama mo was here to help with the baby, my jar opener and my good ladle went into her suitcase.  i am my mother's daughter, yo.

This is hilarious.

Re shoes: I am no help, because IMO if it's not at least a 2.5 inch heel, it better be flats. Low heels are just awkward to me. Also, since I only leave the house once or twice a week, I spend most of my time barefoot, and the rest of the time in Chucks.

My things:
    -My hair is causing me to go into a serious depression. It's so bad. Even to be presentable enough to walk to my mailbox it requires an hour of intensive blow drying and flat ironing each morning. All that heat just makes it more damaged, which it turn makes it take longer to deal with. I seriously don't want to get out of bed in the mornings because I don't want to deal with my hair. This is a huge part of the reason I only leave the house when I really really have to. It's just not worth spending all that time on.

-I cleaned my office and now I don't want to make anything because I don't want to mess it up again.

-Baby and Pet March Madness is occupying way too much of my time.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having hair issues as well, TD.

I have spent a long time growing my hair out, but now I'm just over it. I miss the long bob I used to have. I'm getting a haircut next Saturday, so I may chop off a few inches and see how that goes. When I cut my hair though, I always miss it being long. When it's long, I want it short. UGH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I finally got a cut after 3+ months of nothing.  It feels sooooooo good.

Do you think a deep conditioner or something at the salon would help it?  I've started skipping shampoo every day and conditioning only.  It's made a big difference.  Even my hairdresser commented on how healthy my hair was.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    every time i look at flats, i hear avery jessup it my head:

• Options
    edited December 2011

Ditto on the hair issues. I noticed some breakage in the back, and I've never had that before. I'm thinking I'm using too much heat or my last relaxer was too strong.:(

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]It's OK about the jar opener and ladel; you'll get them back when you are pillaging her house while everyone else is wasting time at the memorial service.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

i say this all the time!  i'm going to my parents' funerals in a uhaul, yo.  that stickley blanket chest will be mine.  MINE.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got it cut a few weeks ago. It's about chin length. The cut is awful, which is part of the problem. But unless I'm just going to chop it all off and start over, there's nothing to cut at the moment.

My problem is 3-fold. First, I'm cursed with naturally bad hair. It's not curly, it's not straight, it's just big. Second, when my thyroid levels are low it starts to fall out. I usually have it under control, but about six months ago my doctor was playing with my meds and it started shedding. Now that it's growing back in, I have this odd fringe of 6-inch long hair that just makes everything look damaged and uneven. Third is my use of heat and chemicals. I know they're causing more damage, but unless I want to look like a fraggle I have to use them.

I wash every other day, and I use a leave in heat treatment and smoothing serum. I try not to use a ton since it gets really greasy on the days its not washed. I also try not to use heat on the days I don't wash it, but it usually needs at least a touch-up.

I already beat it into submission today, and I won't wash tomorrow, but remind me and I'll take pictures on Friday so you can fully understand the horror.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_things-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:49e26e6f-fd75-476c-82ef-6c22e276bf89Post:0b3b8d13-2a9b-4cc2-9c0c-079274ea9698">Re: things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got it cut a few weeks ago. It's about chin length. The cut is awful, which is part of the problem. But unless I'm just going to chop it all off and start over, there's nothing to cut at the moment. My problem is 3-fold. First, I'm cursed with naturally bad hair. It's not curly, it's not straight, it's just big. Second, when my thyroid levels are low it starts to fall out. I usually have it under control, but about six months ago my doctor was playing with my meds and it started shedding. Now that it's growing back in, I have this odd fringe of 6-inch long hair that just makes everything look damaged and uneven. Third is my use of heat and chemicals. I know they're causing more damage, but unless I want to look like a fraggle I have to use them. I wash every other day, and I use a leave in heat treatment and smoothing serum. I try not to use a ton since it gets really greasy on the days its not washed. I also try not to use heat on the days I don't wash it, but it usually needs at least a touch-up. I already beat it into submission today, and I won't wash tomorrow, but remind me and I'll take pictures on Friday so you can fully understand the horror.
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about getting Yuko or Brazilian hair treatments?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards