Wedding Woes
Options

flaky family

My dad asks me today (after 6 months of us already deciding the budget) what the budget will be. how much is it going to cost him? i proceeded to tell him again, for the second maybe third time and he sounded starteled. he said he would make it happen how ever he could, that he would rob a bank sarcasticly. this is a week after he just bought a jeep to go play in. he acted like it was so much for him to spend. first off, i am offended he didnt remember how much it was going to be, he has already started saving but thought it was ok to blow it on a jeep. i wanted so bad to blurt out how he should sell the jeep back if its going to be a problem. i knew when he bought the jeep he would start thinking about the money he promiced me and my fiance. i need help people, i love my dad, but i am so angry right now

Re: flaky family

• Options
    So your dad doesn't deserve a new car because you want a big wedding? That doesn't seem far, regardless of what he promiCed. At least he offered to pay something, right?!
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2010
    Ah, you again. First issues with the planner, now issues with your Dad. 

Here's the thing, your Dad is not obligated to pay for your special pretty princess day. He can spend the money he earns however he wants.

Save your own money and pay for your own wedding.

Also, please learn to spell.
  • Options
    he has already started saving but thought it was ok to blow it on a jeep.

Well, it is okay because it's his money. It's his money to manage or mismanage as he sees fit. If he's going to be a jerk about money he willingly offered to spend, then what you should really say is, "Nevermind, we'll pay for the wedding ourselves."
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If your dad already agreed to pay a certain amount toward your wedding, then you have a right to be upset if he doesn't come through. However, he didn't become flaky about money overnight, so why did you accept money from him if you knew this?
  • Options
    You're absolutely right. I recommend you share your feelings with your daddy about his gall at buying a Jeep instead of saving for your wedding. Then come back here and tell us how it went.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_flaky-family?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:4c6b5158-11cd-4798-9e92-fdedb45c3c9ePost:6652ef14-0299-4cae-b32a-36243a1515fa">flaky family</a>:
    [QUOTE]      My dad asks me today (after 6 months of us already deciding the budget) what the budget will be. how much is it going to cost him? i proceeded to tell him again, for the second maybe third time and he sounded starteled. he said he would make it happen how ever he could, that he would rob a bank sarcasticly. this is a week after he just bought a jeep to go play in. he acted like it was so much for him to spend. first off, i am offended he didnt remember how much it was going to be, he has already started saving but thought it was ok to blow it on a jeep. i wanted so bad to blurt out how he should sell the jeep back if its going to be a problem. i knew when he bought the jeep he would start thinking about the money he promiced me and my fiance. i need help people, i love my dad, but i am so angry right now
    Posted by mauilove44[/QUOTE]

You know, you're right. I'm going to go to my father and punch him in the nose for having the gall to need surgery and rehabilitation KNOWING I would one day get married.

That. Bastard.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    you don't get to tell other people how to spend their money.  even if they've graciously offered to pay for your pretty princess day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards