Wedding Woes
Options

Jake hasn't eaten since Sunday AM

He doesn't seem to like to eat in this apt. It's so weird.

When I got him last, he finally started eating after a day or so, so I wasn't concerned. Until this AM. I could hear, what I hope is, his stomach growling. It didn't sound like when my stomach growls, but it sounded like insides groaning.

I don't want this to devolve into me hand feeding him. I've got some treats from the treat bar at PetCo, so my first thought is to crush one up and sprinkle the bits on his food. But he's an ass and will pick cookie bits out from around his food.

Any other ideas or suggestions? (He was just at the vet, so I am not concerned about it being a reflection of his well-being. I think it is all of the shuttling around he's gone through).

Re: Jake hasn't eaten since Sunday AM

• Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    My parents used to have to put a bit of beef broth or parmesan cheese on their dog's food. After she had been at the kennel or away from home she'd get like that. They'd put a little of either on her food to get her to eat, and slowly wean her off.

I don't know how healthy it is- but it worked for them.
  • Options
    We've done beef and chicken broth.  There are also "sauces" at Petsmart that might help perk up his appetite.  Is he acting alright otherwise?
  • Options
    I have no adviSe, but I'm sorry Jake is being a butt.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    i agree with putting something on his fod to make it more delicious.

but, i think dogs will eat when they get hungry enough, eventually. hopefully that is the case with jake and he is not holding out for gravy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_jake-hasnt-eaten-since-sunday-am?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:4d34c26d-6944-476c-8fef-2501f88c5c6ePost:5028c96f-d436-4c13-abe8-d7419d15c9b6">Re: Jake hasn't eaten since Sunday AM</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've done beef and chicken broth.  There are also "sauces" at Petsmart that might help perk up his appetite.  Is he acting alright otherwise?
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's acting fine, which is why I said I'm not concerned about his well-being. H reminded me that Jake has just been back in LA with H's family and those kids run him ragged.

I made a cake and have left over cream cheese frosting. H wants to use that, like a gravy. So, we'll see :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_jake-hasnt-eaten-since-sunday-am?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:4d34c26d-6944-476c-8fef-2501f88c5c6ePost:0a349dd4-c33c-4fdf-bc00-c1a874aacfd5">Jake hasn't eaten since Sunday AM</a>:
    [QUOTE].<strong> I think it is all of the shuttling around he's gone through).
    </strong>Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

probably it. it took Rogue a few weeks to calm down post move. I could see not eating for an adjustment.

only other time i can remember not eating is when Rogue ate her rope toy. she was eating and pooping fine for the first few days and then stopped eating. once she puked up the toy, she resumed normal eating habits.

give him a bland diet for a few days (boiled chicken and rice) and start to mix his food in after a day or so.
  • Options
    He'd like chicken and rice....it's a change but I am guessing it's the moving around. He was in three states in less than a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards