Wedding Woes
Options

I haven't been around for awhile, so

It might be interesting to ask me anything, if you like.  Not sure I have to much interesting wickednes to share, but I'll try.

Re: I haven't been around for awhile, so

• Options
    I don't have ANY exciting questions, just a general---what is new with you (besides new job)?
  • Options
    Do you think you and your H are going to have children or remain child-free?
  • Options
    Did you lurk while you were gone?
  • Options
    Hm, the job is the biggie.  I can't believe how much better it feels to not be in a job that I hate and be sitting next to a co-worker who drives me batty.  And a quiet, quiet, quiet phone.  And bosses who respect my brain and work ability.  It's amazing.

I had to go into therapy for a little while b/c so much was starting to pull me down.  It did help.  I liked the guy I was going to.  I cried all the way through most of the sessions.  I have one scheduled for 3/15 that we'll see if I need or not.

DH and I have really entered into this new phase of our marriage.  I'm not sure if it's b/c the edges are finally all smoothed out or what,but we're like goofy teenagers again.  It's nice.

I can't think of too much else.  I got my Cuisinart stand mixer finally and it's like a member of the family now.  We've made so much bread, it's ridiculous and YUMMY.  Starting up my new exercise and meal plan program this week while the weather is getting nicer and the days longer.  *shrug* I'd say I'm boring, but I like my life.  :)
  • Options
    Hm, kids are up in the air still.  As we get older, we feel like we'll be missing out on something in our lives, but we've accepted that.  I'm not on birth control anymore b/c of side effects, but we use a condom and he's more than likely got a low sperm count anyway.  I don't think I'll ever be able to plan a kid, too much left over from my own childhood that scares me about benig a mother to let it go.  An accident wouldn't make me unhappy either though.

I didn't lurk, b/c I couldn't.  I did come on sometimes at night and drop a response or two, but most of the time it seemed silly since the response was, "Yeah, what they said."
  • Options
    Oh and at this point in my biological life, if we did change our minds, more than likely we'd adopt.
  • Options
    How did you and your husband negotiate you staying in contact with that woman you told him early-on was the love of your life and you'd leave him for her if she asked?
  • Options
    Ha!  Kuus I told him that when we were still dating early on.  I also told him that I didn't have room in my life for a relationship and that I was leaving this town to work in DC.  22 year old me was DUMB.

And the answer is, things change.  She isn't the love of my life anymore, even though those feelings were really intense at the time and for a long time.

There was a lot of time in-between the time I said that and my next contact with her at her wedding (3 years of Varuna and Viking) and then no contact again until the next time I saw her (5ish years) which were 8 years together, 4 of them married.  He knows I don't feel that way about her now, because he trusts our relationship.

Now, her and her husband are probably our best couple friends and we see each other about 3-4 times a year (we live in different cities) and would more if we could.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards