Washington-Seattle
Options

Menswear

As FI and I have been discussing what the guys will wear at the wedding, we've decided that FI and the groomsmen will be in tuxes. Someone mentioned to him something about the fathers wearing tuxes, too, which is something we hadn't considered. We'd been thinking that they'd choose their own suits, just as our moms are picking their own outfits. Since it isn't a formal wedding, nobody outside the WP will be in tuxes or gowns. 

Just curious, what are you all doing? Is it usual for the dads to be in tuxes?
Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Menswear

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding isn't formal either. The Father's are wearing suits of their choice. Only the GM are in tuxes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding isn't formal but FI and I really want our dads to match the guys. :) My dad is a biker... can you just imagine what he'd pick? skinny short tie anyone.. hahaha. And his dad usually dresses very well, we just want our dads to match the men. His mother usually dresses very well also, my mother will have help from yours truly. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My father is going out on his own with his own choice of clothes - but my FI is going to try to convince my dad to get a suit so he can get a better deal at the Mens Warehouse!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours isn't formal, no one is wearing tuxes.  But, from weddings I have been to in the past, its not unusual for the dads to wear tuxes, especially if yours is walking you down the aisle.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both our dads wore tuxes. I have never been to a wedding where the dads didn't wear tuxes, but I have also never been to an informal wedding.

And, damn, why can't someone invite me to one?? I want to go to a wedding that's different!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is informal also, and outdoors at the end of July, so no one is wearing tuxes.  FI & his guys are wearing tan colored suits, and I'm guessing my dad will probably match.  I will probably have a heavy hand in what BOTH of the dads are wearing because neither one is a particularly good dresser.

p.s. Melissa, you can come to mine, it's totally different!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is outdoors at the end of July as well so I BEGGED FI to consider suits or something later but he wants tuxes with vests and all of that fancy stuff! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards