Washington-Seattle
Options

Sean Denard

So I have heard good things about Sean Denard DJ so I emailed for a quote. I told him I was on a budget and was curious how much he charged since there were no prices on his web site. He responded by saying that if cost was the main thing I was looking at than he wasn't the DJ for me and best regards.

Often time's cost and reviews are the only way to sort though the hundreds of vendors. He never did give me his price and frankly, I thought his response was a bit rude and arrogant. I'm not made of money and I'm just trying to research my options. Ahhh so frustrating..... why can't people just post their prices?

If anyone knows of a good DJ who doesn't play sales games, please let me know:)

Re: Sean Denard

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hm, weird.  Maybe he's just had one too many brides try to haggle with him.  Who knows.  I think the other person who's been well-liked by other knotties is Jeff Hill.  Here's his website - http://www.jproductionsonline.com/

Looks like he lists his prices on there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that was rather rude.  Only thing I can think of is like PP mentioned - he might have had a streak of potential clients haggling him too much (i.e. wanting a DJ for the price of an IPod setup rental) or maybe just a bad day.  Either way, not really excused from that kind of a response - he could have worded it MUCH better to try and sell his services and answer your question.  From what I recall last, Sean was at $900 and Jeff Hill is at $750.  Not sure if either has raised pricing at all.  HTH
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LoniRenee24LoniRenee24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ewww I wouldn't go with him even if his price was right.  What a terrible response.

I booked Jeff Hill - extremely easy and great reviews!  His price was only $100 more for me because our wedding is on NYE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That is the rudest response ever! I'm using Jeff Hill, you should look into him. He seems great!

(I actually met with Sean and didn't like him, but he could have atleast given you that chance! I can't believe it!)

Did you tell him how much you wanted to spend?? If so maybe that is why he acted like that.. but still REALLY ridiculous.

Thanks for the info.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is super rude. Bamboo Beats was very nice to us even when I said I'm not sure your w/i in our budget.  They said they'd try to work with us but there was a min and we wouldn't get a quality DJ if we spent too little and to let them know if we were still interested.  That is how Denard should have responded (and they charge more than he does).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think I was overreacting. Never did get a chance to tell him my budget which I'm pretty sure would have been within range based on what everyone has said. I think I will check out Jeff Hill. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So as a follow up, I was contacted by someone else within the company whom did apologize and clarify by saying that in a nut shell they get discouraged by people focusing so much on cost and not a great event. They also offered a discount as a result of the situation. Unfortunantly I can't see moving forward with a vendor relationship that started off that way. At least they did try to make it right in the end though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad it worked out in the end... One thing I noticed with DJ's when I was talking to them was they seemed adverse to meeting in person. I am not sure if any other brides felt that way or not? I talked to at least four of them. The only one that met me in person was Jeff Hill. It just felt odd after meeting with every other vendor in person first before booking them. I guess in the end everything I needed from them could be discussed in a nice conversation over the phone, so I kinda understand it.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was uncalled for! When I got his quote he told me $1000. He is pricey. I love how they jumped and contacted you after the fact, makes me wonder if they have had issues with his attitude in the past??
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the dj is one of the most important vendors to meet in person b/c personality is so important.  All the other dj's I've contacted have wanted to meet in person, they requested/suggested it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They should know that it's hard to be a bride these days!  I mean, it's not as if money is growing on trees.  Or bushes.  Or is hidden under the hood.  Or anywhere else for that matter.  Ppl are focusing on budget for a reason - this is one night, and we have a whole life to plan afterwards, preferably without being in huge debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards