Wedding Woes

s/o judgy, a story from the weekend.

H and i went to an event this weekend and had all VIP treatment. lots of upgrades and freebies. if we paid for this weekend, it would have been about a thousand dollars. it pays to work in this industry sometimes. if anyone needs hotel or restarant rec's, let me know.

so at dinner, we had excellent seats. we were sitting in a row of tables that were placed very close together. there was maybe an inch or two between each table. the couple sitting next to us, not so great. imagine being an a person who is larger than the average size being stuck in that middle seat on an airplane in coach on spirit airlines . bottom line, no matter your size, you're not having a good time in that middle seat.

H and I joke a lot with each other. it's sometimes about our inside jokes, and sometimes it's about the people around us. we had a really good time and actually spoke with each other. we even spoke with other people who were at the event just to make small talk in passing. this other couple sitting next to us did not talk at all. the several times we heard their voices were times that H and I were talking to them, or they were complaining about the people sitting on the other side of them not having enough room to get up and down.

the waitress called the woman by her wrong first name. she responded with, "um no, i'm [whatever her name actually was - i forgot already]." and then the waitress wished her a happy birthday. awkward. it was her birthday, but the whole interaction was nose-scrunchy. i went to the restroom a short while later, and when i came back, H said that the guy was holding her hand, telling her he loved her and hoped she was having a good birthday, and she snatched her hand back asking who [wrong named girl] was.

then, there was a woman who i swore was a ringer who was there to get people to dance. she was dancing and bopping all over the place by herself even though she was with a group of people towards the back. i caught her sitting behind the DJ booth a couple of times. she somehow got her hands on a long pink feather boa and kept wiggling it in some guy's face - some guy who was there with his date on their 1st anniversary. she kept trying to drag them onto the dancefloor. 

she had no luck with any of the hitting-on she was doing to this couple, so then she walked over to the high school group that was also there, dragged one of the boys onto the dance floor, and danced with him for a good 5 minutes, with the boa, while his friends all stood around taking photos.

a short while later, we saw her dancing on the dance floor by herself, holding a formal portrait of herself. by herself. with her boa. (there was a professional photographer there taking photos of the couples and some groups of people). whatever, at least she was having fun.

all in all, it was a great weekend. definitely a good night to have done some people watching.

Re: s/o judgy, a story from the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards