Wedding Woes

Glasses

I just ordered a pair at Wal-Mart.  I looked first at the dr's office and found ONE pair of frames under $200.  Maybe they run specials sometimes, but they weren't doing that today.  So I asked for my prescription and trotted over to Wal-Mart.  They have $18 frames!  $18!

I felt so high fallootin' for only liking a pair that were $58.  My total was $152. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Glasses

• Great!  I want to see pics!

• Awesome!   I might go to Walmart for a back-up pair to spend my FSA $$$.
  • AF - They have a special Paula Deen glasses, because everyone wants their face to look like Paula Deen's. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG!   Everyone tells my mom she looks like Paula Deen (which she just loves!!!!   not really) so I should trick her into getting Paula Deen glasses...   Hmmmm....
  • At least the Sarah Palin look is over.
  • I was thinking about Sarah Palin while I looked at all of their 'designer' lines:  Paula Deen, Jennifer Lopez, Daisy freakin' Fuentes?  WTH?  None of these people are usually wearing glasses.  Sarah Palin could make a boat load of money with a line of glasses.  And we all know she loves the money.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For cereal, a lot of people were buying Sarah Palin looking glasses 4 years ago.  Now the geek look is in and I hate it.

• Did I miss something?

$58 + $18 = $152?

Glad you found something you like.

I decided to use my vision benefit for 2 boxes of contacts. I won't wear them every day, so hopefully they will last a while.

Then I am getting my prescription and heading right over to zenni optical. I could easily buy 4 pair of glasses for what I would have spent on one pair at pearle.

• DG - I think she found a pair of frames for $58 and the lenses cost more than that and with tax added it came to $152.  The $18 was the cost of the cheapest frames, not the frames she chose.
  • Taw is correct.  I sprang for the anti-reflective coat thing because I think that part might be more useful to me than the actual vision correction.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_glasses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:53aac579-f47d-4c89-8417-f585ce7aa708Post:98f9bd05-e4a2-441d-b436-7471fda6acfd">Re: Glasses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Taw is correct.  I sprang for the anti-reflective coat thing because I think that part might be more useful to me than the actual vision correction.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

Word. I think this is my biggest problem, too, given that the contacts really aren't helping that much. Then again, the contacts are a sample that is close to, but not exactly, my prescription. So I still have some hope for the real contacts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards