Wedding Woes
Options

Planning my wedding is more stressful then it should be.

I never thought when i was little that planning my wedding would be so stressful in it's self. I've had allot of down's more then up's during planning my wedding. I am two month's aways 69 day's and counting. I've had people back out & i've had to kick people out for reason's i dont want to explain. I've had the stress put all on me because im the only one really getting everything for the wedding. People have maybe gotten couple things but all in all i have. My maid of honor is MIA all the time she never come's by to help me. I'm planning my own bridal shower & it's like when will someone give me time off. When will this be about me? I'm just wondering if i could get advice or help. Also if anyone know any websites that would be helpful for my bridal shower or my wedding please send em my way thank you...

Bride to be: Amber
Ps. I would really like nice comment's none nagtive. God Bless!!!!

Re: Planning my wedding is more stressful then it should be.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_planning-my-wedding-is-more-stressful-then-it-should-be?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:56093ac2-1131-4ff7-8aa5-8ea989246612Post:351fcac1-b486-4eab-9486-8d4c2bede036">Planning my wedding is more stressful then it should be.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never thought when i was little that planning my wedding would be so stressful in it's self. I've had allot of down's more then up's during planning my wedding. I am two month's aways 69 day's and counting. I've had people back out & i've had to kick people out for reason's i dont want to explain. I've had the stress put all on me because im the only one really getting everything for the wedding. People have maybe gotten couple things but all in all i have. My maid of honor is MIA all the time she never come's by to help me. I'm planning my own bridal shower & it's like when will someone give me time off. When will this be about me? I'm just wondering if i could get advice or help. Also if anyone know any websites that would be helpful for my bridal shower or my wedding please send em my way thank you... Bride to be: Amber Ps. I would really like nice comment's none nagtive. God Bless!!!!
    Posted by Amber0621[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's actually about you and your FI, it will/should not be "just about you", so there's that.</div><div>
    </div><div>No one is required to help you plan or pay for your wedding, other than your FI. It's certainly nice if your bridal party offers to lend a hand with DIYs or something, but it's not anything they are required to do. People have lives, and they will probably not care about your wedding as much as you. To them, it's still 2+ months away, so not even on their radar.</div><div>
    </div><div>You really shouldn't plan your own bridal shower, so you can just let that whole thing go and it will no longer be stressful.</div><div>
    </div><div>It can be tough to read posts in different colors and without spell-check.</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • Options
    Spell-check is helpful.  The wedding is never just about you.  It's about you and your fiance.  No one is required to help you, not even your MOH.  Also like pp said, you shouldn't be planning your own bridal shower.  A bridal shower isn't necessary and no one is required to throw you one.  I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.  Don't stress about them not helping, just see what you can do on your own.  If you can't do it all on your own, find a way to cut back so there's less to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Agree with PPs.  If planning your bridal shower is stressing you out, let it go.  You shouldn't throw this type of party for yourself anyway. 

If you need DIY help with the wedding, you should ask your FI for help - it's his wedding, too.  Make a list of the very important projects and the "would be nice" projects.  Don't try to do it all.  If you have some available cash in your budget, consider hiring some help - paying a wedding planner or coordinator for a few hours of time in the next two months or for help some on the day of your wedding might be a way to reduce the burden on you.

Just try to focus on the good things - at the end of the day, what is important is your marriage, not how the favors or programs turned out.
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_planning-my-wedding-is-more-stressful-then-it-should-be?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:56093ac2-1131-4ff7-8aa5-8ea989246612Post:9307c1b7-df03-414d-846c-6d893921d80a">Re: Planning my wedding is more stressful then it should be.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spell-check is helpful.  The wedding is never just about you.  It's about you and your fiance.  No one is required to help you, not even your MOH.  Also like pp said, you shouldn't be planning your own bridal shower.  A bridal shower isn't necessary and no one is required to throw you one.  I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.  Don't stress about them not helping, just see what you can do on your own.  If you can't do it all on your own, find a way to cut back so there's less to do.
    Posted by Annas2013[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%. I think your expectations of your bridal party has been too high and your disappointment has turned to frustration. Also, unless the people whom you kicked out have abused you in some way, you were in the wrong and maybe this has contributed to the lack of emotional support your getting from your friends and family.  Your fiance NEEDS to step up and help. It's his wedding to and there's no excuse for him standing in the shadows planning to just show up on the day. Regardless of what the wedding industry had put in your head, he needs to be involved in the planning.  It sounds like you need to apologize to some of your friends and family for your behaviour and have a talk with your fiance about how he can become involved from here on out.

Just so you know...there's a button that looks like a blue check mark with ABC located in the tool bar just below where you type up a post. It's the spell check button. Please use it in the future. I'm really not trying to be mean or snarky. It's very hard to read posts that contain several spelling and grammatical errors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stop stressing about things you can't control. sucks you have to plan your own shower dont do one if you have to stress about it. Tell your fiancé how your feeling so he can help out more. Google is our BFF use it to find shower ideas. Can your mom or his mom help you out some?
  • Options
    I really so respect all ur post's but you need to understand my wedding is me & my fianca's and all we want is to be happy. Maybe that's how you did ur wedding but this is how im doing mine. I asked for advice not what i shouldent do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards