Washington-Seattle
Options

Has anyone used this place?

Landmark on the Sound or Landmark Event Center - Kent/Des Moines?  So tygirl suggested it as a possible venue, but just wondering if anyone has had their wedding here or known someone who worked with them and what was your/their experience?  

Thanks! 

Re: Has anyone used this place?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It was actually recommended by our caterer, but I do not know of anyone who's used it before (other than him with past clients).  When we were looking for venues their website wasn't NEARLY as nice with photos and info as it is now - in fact the only reason I knew about it was because of our caterer but I didn't persue it at that time due to the fact that they didn't even have any info on their site.  As odd as it sounds, it's a retirement home place, but apparently they've been renting out the event space for a little while now to people who knew about it.  That's about all I know. Curious if anyone has experience with it as well.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is that the big castle? I've been there before. It is reallly pretty. Makes me want to wear a big ball gown. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara - I think you're thinking of Thornewood Castle on American Lake.  Definitely a Cinderella place - I'd want to wear a ballgown there too. Laughing  Although Landmark on the Sound does kind of remind me of Thornewood - I'm actually kind of curious to see the place now.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a wine festival there in early March.  Poverty Bay Wine Festival (I think?).  It might be a good time to check out the venue and a couple of the local vendors they will be using.  I drive by it every day, but have never been inside, so no help there.  The grounds would make for some beautiful pictures, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  I'm definitely going to check out the wine festival.  The inside of this place is just as awesome as the outside.  I think it's still slated to become a full fledged retirement home but they told me that development plans are on hold until 2013 or later.  I love it, but I'm just a little nervous since I've never heard of anyone being married there.

P.S. Tygril, can I ask who your caterer is?  If we go with this place, we'll need one. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards