Washington-Seattle
Options

Tea Room for bachelorette/shower

Hey ya'll,

So, I'm looking for a tea room sort of a place anywhere between Puyallup and Seattle.  I want somewhere that has a private room and is in a nice area with free parking (you know how in Seattle that can be a problem!).  An afternoon tea party sounds like it would be fun and casual, as I'm not really a hit-up-the-bars and dance kind of girl (okay, I really am but none of my friends are and I think this would be better since most of my friends don't know each other...).  Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks! :)

Re: Tea Room for bachelorette/shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Only tea room I know of is in Redmond.  Is that too far?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might look into the Hawthorn Tea Room in Tacoma (http://www.thehawthorntearoom.com/) We actually did a bachelorette party that started there and then we went bowling at Chalet Bowl (http://chaletbowl.com/index.cfm). It turned out to be a fun, tame little party. The parking there is free, and it's in an easily accessible/pretty part of Tacoma. Also on that street there is a little wine place, The Spar, and you're also just one block up from the Ruston Way waterfront.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How big do you think you're bachelorette party guest list will be? I like the Queen Mary in University District, parking is street and if you don't mind walking up to a block, there's a cross street that usually has plenty of parking IF it's not a husky game day. They don't have a private room but they are pretty tiny so depending on the size of your party, you might just take over the whole thing anyway or you could ask about reserving their whole space.

The Georgian Room at the Fairmont does not have a private room that I'm aware of (and it quickly gets pricey there...my sister and I managed to spend around $130 before tip by just having the tea and I think 1 champagne drink each).
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Might not be what you meant by "Tea Room" but Ummelina day spa near Westlake has a "Tea Ritual" or "Tea Ceremony". I think it's $100/hour and seats up to 12. I got this as a Christmas gift for FIe and her sisters & mom and they loved it. No free parking of course, but depending on where you're coming from you could park near the Sound Transit line and take the train into town :D

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure there is a tea room in downtown puyallup. i think its called tea 4 2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info everyone!  There will be between 6-8 ladies there, so I may or may not need to reserve a room (I don't know if we'll get loud).  I really like the look of T 4 2 in Puyallup and the Queen Mary, and the one in Redmond (Taste the Moment) looks lovely as well.
    Etiquette question: is it okay for me to ask for the guests to pay their own way, or is it traditional for the bride to host?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bachelorette party/shower is traditionally hosted by the MOH and/or the whole BP.  If you don't have a BP then ususally a friend or maybe an aunt?  If the bride hosts the bridal shower, it can be viewed as gift grabby.  Bachelorette party usually all guests expect to chip in something to pay for it, not sure about bridal shower but I believe that usually is paid by the hostess. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually went here last year for tea in Sumner with some family and friends....it was quite lovely.  plenty of parking. http://www.sgtea.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards