Wedding Woes
Options

::zsa:: chicken tacos

3-4 chicken breasts
1 packet of your favorite seasoning
1 can of ro-tel

Mix the seasoning and ro-tel in the bottom of the pot and put the breasts on top.  I put mine on low at 7:00am and we eat at 5:00pm.  About 4:30, I use two forks to shred the chicken and let it absorb the juices. I also stir occasionally throughout the day.

Also, 3-4 breasts doesn't leave us with leftovers (DH, me, son, DD1), so I stretch it to 5-7 so DH and I can have it for lunch the next day.

Re: ::zsa:: chicken tacos

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MMM.  I usually just boil chicken, shred, season and then put in corn tortillas and fry 'em up. 

I want tacos now.  Boo.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have a big bag of cilantro calling in the fridge.  I need to do this later this week.  Thanks!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use the same recipe but I use a cup of salsa instead of Ro-tel.  :)

Oh and I add some water or a can of chicken broth.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, please remember anytime *I* have a recipe, it's the basic of the basic.  I can't get too crazy with food.  I'm trying to get DH and son to branch out and try new things, but it's a process.

Seriously, when DH learned I put ro-tel in there, he was all "But I don't LIKE tomato" even when I told him he wouldn't taste it.  He ended up loving these tacos. ::sigh::
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I do the salsa thing too- with some jalapeno slices. 

For mexican pork I do a couple cans of diced green chiles and taco sauce with some water.

I like to serve with cilantro lime rice.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011

Does your chicken get really dry? Whenever I make meat in the crockpot (other than say stew or chili) it gets really dry. I have a feeling my crockpot runs pretty hot but even on low I feel like that after 6 hours it's just stringy, dry, and tasteless, especially chicken.

• Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_zsa-chicken-tacos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:59a3df09-eca2-410e-b557-1f767b1ce024Post:957cda27-8b58-4a7a-8599-05d93bd619bd">Re: ::zsa:: chicken tacos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does your chicken get really dry? Whenever I make meat in the crockpot (other than say stew or chili) it gets really dry. I have a feeling my crockpot runs pretty hot but even on low I feel like that after 6 hours it's just stringy, dry, and tasteless, especially chicken.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever had a problem with anything I've put in getting dry.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011

Hmm. I really wonder if it's my crockpot. I can do soups and stews just fine, but most everything else turns out sorta junky.

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same here pmeg...my fancy crockpot would dry out most things except for soup based items...my old school one ran much cooler.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I've only had that happen when I didn't have enough liquid in it.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yep, not enough liquid, or the top isn't on tightly enough.  My lid got warped somehow, so it doesn't *quite* fit right. Since I started using liners, the liner kindof plugs up whatever gaps are up there. Huge improvements.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards