Wedding Woes
Options

nuvaring

okay, so i started nuvaring today. 

i know i was supposed to fold it and just stuff it in there, but it was not easy.  i tried to bend it one way and it just kept sproinging open. 

then i tried to fold it into quarters and it just wasn't happening.  it was all busting open and i felt like i was making a paper spring, but with heavy plastic.

i swear, at one point, with all the folding and turning and twisting, i thought i was going to look down and see this in my hand.

so i finally get it up there, and it seems ... fine.  i mean, i guess smugglers keep things -- much larger things -- all up in their junk drawers all the time, so this milk cap thing shouldn't really bother me. 

but it's my junk and i'm not used to things just hanging out in there.

and i am just a little freaked out that it's going to jack-in-the-box jump out of my junk, and i'm going to have to chase it down the street lke

further info about my junk drawer will be posted as events warrant.

Re: nuvaring

• Options
    Ahahha.  I would seriously have issues trying to do this.  Thinking H would get the deed done, and it would look like we had just played a carnival game.
  • Options
    The jumping out did apparently happen to my next door neighbor.
  • Options
    Ded at all of this. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

You know how they tell you you can leave it in even if you have your period and are using tampons? Yeah, not so much. (Maybe they don't tell people that anymore?)

I had to fish mine out of the toilet. OUT OF THE TOILET! AT WORK!

It was like a diva cup nightmare come true. I had to get the damn thing and wash it off and put it back.  I should have just flushed it, but I was all serious about not getting knocked up at the time.

Hopefully you will have better luck.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nuvaring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:59b901ff-a2cc-48df-9ed1-1c6f8ee46f4dPost:7245afce-6e00-44d9-9b02-734d60cc5f4a">Re: nuvaring</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know how they tell you you can leave it in even if you have your period and are using tampons? Yeah, not so much. (Maybe they don't tell people that anymore?) I had to fish mine out of the toilet. OUT OF THE TOILET! AT WORK! It was like a diva cup nightmare come true. I had to get the damn thing and wash it off and put it back.  I should have just flushed it, but I was all serious about not getting knocked up at the time. Hopefully you will have better luck.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

0_0

Abstaining was not an option? Cuz I would have totally gone that route if this happened to me. I'd be calling H as soon as I got back to my desk and been all, "Shop's closed for the next X weeks."
  • Options
    I have tears in my eyes after reading this.  DH asked what was so funny so I tried to read it to him through my chuckling.  He didn't really get it.
  • Options
    Do you people have gaping vaginas or somethin? I used Nuvaring for several years and never had that problem. It stayed in just fine, my only issue was forgetting to put it after sex. As for putting it in, I just jammed that sucker up there.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nuvaring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:59b901ff-a2cc-48df-9ed1-1c6f8ee46f4dPost:7f759353-d0b1-45cf-8991-7deced9b170a">Re: nuvaring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ded at all of this. 
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

This.  I'm crying.

ETA:  Mr.Conn's response to this post: "Dude, THAT is hilarious!"
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nuvaring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:59b901ff-a2cc-48df-9ed1-1c6f8ee46f4dPost:709741de-3eb6-4965-a82d-735a385ded62">Re: nuvaring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you people have gaping vaginas or somethin? I used Nuvaring for several years and never had that problem. It stayed in just fine, my only issue was forgetting to put it after sex. As for putting it in, I just jammed that sucker up there.
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

You didn't leave it in for sex?

And Min, I have no idea now WTF was going through my head. Maybe I did just fish it out and rinse it at work and then wash it at home? H and I had been dating for just a few months at the time, so I was still pretty much interested in the sechs. Now? Yeah, I'd pretty much be willing to close up shop indefinitely.

Also note that mine didn't just fall out randomly - my issue was associated with tampon removal. (Thanks to 3 full months of bleeding/spotting - yeah, the whole experiment was a bust.)

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

I'm glad I opened this because it's AWESOME!

• Options
    Does the five second rule apply if you are plucking your sproinged Nuvaring up off the sidewalk?  (Please say no.) 
  • Options
    This is awesome.

I've been using the nuvaring for about 4 years or so - minus pregnancy - and I LOVE it. I would always forget to take the pill, so this is much easier.

And after a while you get used to just jamming it up there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

HM you crack me up!

You should start a blog.

• Options
    I imagine PMeg pausing the throws of passion to pull out a wrench and dismantle the construction site in her junk drawer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i don't have a cavernous, pmeg vagina which is why i had problems cramming it up my cramhole. 

my issue is that i don't think my junk drawer is used to having things just hang out there, and i'm afraid my junk is going to be all "GET OFF MY LAWN" and this thing is going to go spinning out of my junk.

i just can't shake the feeling that i'm one good sneeze away from popping it out like a champagne cork.
  • Options
    I know zero about the nuvaring. Does it stay in all the time or just before sexy time?
  • Options
    it stays in all the time.

kids : stoop :: nuvaring : junk drawer
  • Options
    Ok. I don't like the concept but if it works, yo.

• Options
    I took it out for sex because DH didn't like how it felt.

And for the record- my vagina is big enough to let a Nuvaring in, but small enough that it won't just fall out.
  • Options
    Well after birthing out Baby Big Head, I'm sure that's what my vag looks like. All I'm saying is that it could keep a Nuvaring in.

If I have a cave vagina, I think people who have vaginas who can't keep a Nuvaring in must have an abyss. I heard James Cameron is trying to explore those. Maybe he could come check out DG?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nuvaring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:59b901ff-a2cc-48df-9ed1-1c6f8ee46f4dPost:7245afce-6e00-44d9-9b02-734d60cc5f4a">Re: nuvaring</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know how they tell you you can leave it in even if you have your period and are using tampons? Yeah, not so much. (Maybe they don't tell people that anymore?) I had to fish mine out of the toilet. OUT OF THE TOILET! AT WORK! It was like a diva cup nightmare come true. I had to get the damn thing and wash it off and put it back.  I should have just flushed it, but I was all serious about not getting knocked up at the time. Hopefully you will have better luck.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Um, no? You are supposed to take the ring out to have a period, so it wouldn't be in during it. Unless you are having break through bleeding...</div><div>
    </div><div>And Hmo, I just pinched mine in the middle and my cavernous vag would basically pull it in after it was about halfway in. We only lost one once during drunk sexy time, so I took it out for that from then on.

</div>
  • Options
    What do you mean by "lost??
  • Options
    yes, what is "lost?"  did you cough it up later or something?
  • Options
    This is the best post in a looooooooooooooooooooong time.
  • Options
    It came out somehwere and we never found it. Lost out, not in me.
  • Options

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards