Wedding Woes

suspicious packages on planes

...breaking news - newark and philly airports had suspicious packages on planes. there's also another package on a UPS truck in Queens. 

the package in NJ supposedly does not have any trace of explosives

one suspicion is that this is a terrorist "dry run"

Re: suspicious packages on planes

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me nervous. 2 of my BFFs are at Newark right now getting on a plane to Vegas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011

Our boarding on the way back from Chicago was delayed because there was an unattended backpack at the gate.  Some asshat finally returned from the airport Chili's to claim it.  SMRT.

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sat by unattended baggage at LGA and who claimed it after about an hour?  A farking flight attendant.  Really?
  • MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They just cleared the Newark planes for takeoff. I don't know about you, but I'd still be nervous as hell flying that thing, even if it turned out to be nothing.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So what's the difference between an unattended bag and the kind of suspicious package that actually makes the news? Was it ticking?
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they were on cargo planes - apparently there was a device that looked like a toner cartridge for a printer, but it was clear with white chemicals inside. it was found in the UK, but more packages of a similar type from the same location were on planes in the US. They think the package on the Philly plane has a radiological signature.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_suspicious-packages-planes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:5b97eaf7-335c-442f-b413-02d4ba591519Post:c296e5f2-d080-407c-a034-1f68cae1aee2">Re: suspicious packages on planes</a>:
    [QUOTE]They just cleared the Newark planes for takeoff. I don't know about you, but I'd still be nervous as hell flying that thing, even if it turned out to be nothing.
    Posted by MrsMyrtle[/QUOTE]
    I have a tendency to rationalize, so take this with a grain of salt.  But since they were on cargo planes (as far as I know, all UPS), I'd actually feel better the further away I got from all those cargo planes.  I'd be itching to take off ASAP and get the hell out of there.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and now there are suspicious packages at a federal building in portland, me. 
  • MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heff, I meant I'd be nervous as hell FLYING those cargo planes that were grounded, then cleared. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I can't believe this is happening again.  I read in an article that this was a dry run for another terrorist attack.  I'm praying that this isn't the case because America doesn't need another 9-11 and I wouldn't want to see another country go through that either.  Kind of makes me not wanna fly anywhere.  I don't care if they're cargo planes or not.  Scary to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards