Washington-Seattle
Options

I know our wedding is super cool but...

We got another self-inviter over here!!!

One of FI's roommates from college invited himself to the wedding!! FI hasn't spoken to or seen him in YEARS. FI got an e-mail from him today saying if we had seats to fill he AND his girlfriend would love to celebrate with us and that he felt it was "worth a shot" to check if they could come. WTF is wrong with people!!?!?!? I mean, I know it's the party of the year and all .... ;-) Stop being cheap and take your girlfriend out instead of making her go to a wedding where you know all of 3 people!

I think this guy might normally hang out with some of the people from college FI is actually still friends with and so since they'll be busy on NYE, he's trying to get in?? Pure speculation on my part but that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Re: I know our wedding is super cool but...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gee, too bad you guys already gave the count and no extra seats are available.  Of course, if you DO really have some, let me know.  FI and I could fill them for you. Tongue out
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa you crack me up! Every time I read about ANOTHER self inviter asking to come to your wedding I picture like a celebrity wedding complete with security men in tuxes with those walkie-talkie ear pieces.... Oh my gosh you guys are popular!

I always wonder why people find it acceptable to invite themselves? Isn't it enough of a message if you know about the wedding but DON'T recieve an invite??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I think it's because it's the party of the year and other people they know are going so they don't want to be left out. Free booze, free food, good NYE entertainment with no cover? Awesome! (So I hear them saying in their heads...)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you have any more seats to fill, fi and i will come too. its worth a shot. :)

people are so ridiculous. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Melissa my FI  and I are wanting to also attend (heeheehee) Hey freebies all the way around can't pass that up. Anyways tell the loser no!
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At least I talk to you guys every day!! I'd totally have you come. =)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_wedding-super-cool-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:d17dd5d3-09b8-4604-aea5-c4b2783cc4ffPost:e31f02da-2113-49b9-a8c6-6d14c77c9c54">Re: I know our wedding is super cool but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Melissa you crack me up! Every time I read about ANOTHER self inviter asking to come to your wedding I picture like a celebrity wedding complete with security men in tuxes with those walkie-talkie ear pieces....
    Posted by SaraAnnAlvarado2010[/QUOTE]

::Note to self: check on Bluetooth headsets::

Kidding! It's totally not a platinum wedding, I promise!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Seriously, I CANNOT wait to see your pictures!!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sorta had the same issue...but I squashed it right away!!

I had an old girlfriend of mine (which we used to hang out every now and then but found out she was using one of my friends for her perks...long story so I won't go there) Anyhow, she's what a call a "HAPPY HOUR FRIEND" not someone who is a super close friend, only fun when you don't have to hang out for long, so because she uses my best friend and I we have decided to ixnay her in our daily lives since it's always a one way road....well she sent me a text not too long ago asking me what day my wedding was cause she didn't want to plan her vacation during my wedding...I totally put it on the FI, said we are at our limit, due to costs....etc. Costs always works...(which it's totally not the case but you know it works!!!)
    So have your FI tell his so-called friend, NOOOOO!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards